facebook

My Eclipse 10.7.1 Blue with Websphere Application Server 8.5.5

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rajmyeclipse2015
    Participant

Hello, I configured Myeclipse according to my application and setup websphere appplication server 8.5.5 on my local machine. As soon as I am trying to deploy the application I am getting “Unsupported Excetion” below is the exception message. Please advise.

null
    Error
    Wed May 27 17:02:54 EDT 2015
    An internal error occurred during: “Add Deployment”.

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.internal.project.WTPEarProject.getWorkareaDirectoryPath(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.DefaultPackagerStrategy.getBuildFolder(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.DefaultPackagerStrategy.initBuildArea(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.EarPackager.exportEARProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.DefaultPackagerStrategy.exportEARProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.PackageUtils.exportEARProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.EARDeployment.exportEARProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.EARDeployment.deployAsPackageArchive(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.deploy.LocalServerDeploymentStrategy.deploy(LocalServerDeploymentStrategy.java:77)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebsphereServer.afterDeployment(WebsphereServer.java:410)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.a(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.C.a(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.C.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

#391910 Reply

support-swapna

Raj,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Versions earlier than MyEclipse 2014 are no longer fully supported. We try and assist licensed users working with previous versions, but no fixes will be made to those versions.

I strongly recommend you move to MyEclipse 2015 (based on Eclipse Luna), our latest release as it has several enhancements and fixes and is far more stable than MyEclipse 10.x release.

MyEclipse 2015 is available as CI as well as Stable release. If you are comfortable working with a Continuous Integration stream, please download the MyEclipse 2015 CI 13 installer.With the CI stream, which is almost GA users get access to regular feature updates and the latest fixes for MyEclipse. MyEclipse 2015 is a unified product.Once installed, apply your Blue license to access Blue specific features.

Here is the link to download MyEclipse 2015 CI/Stable installer : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

The installer for MyEclipse 2015 Stable 2.0 will be available end of today.

If you have constraints moving to the MyEclipse latest version at this point of time, then please email your subscription details to swapna@genuitec.com along with a reference to this post to help us verify our support.

Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#391963 Reply

rajmyeclipse2015
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Thanks for your prompt response. Based on your response I do have additional questions. I can install MyEclipse Blue 2014 for my project, so do you think that version would be stable enough to support Websphere 8.5.5 ? Secondly, Can I use the license that I have for MyEclipse 10.7.1 with MyEclipse Blue 2014 ? Please advise. I would like to try the latest version as you recommended.

Thanks
    Raj

#392069 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Raj,

I can install MyEclipse Blue 2014 for my project, so do you think that version would be stable enough to support Websphere 8.5.5 ?

MyEclipse Blue 2015 would be highly recommended as Swapna advised, but if for some reason that is not possible for you then MyEclipse Blue 2014 will still be a vast improvement (multiple years of enhancements) over 10.7.1 and should meet your needs.

Secondly, Can I use the license that I have for MyEclipse 10.7.1 with MyEclipse Blue 2014 ?

As long as your subscription is current and is for MyEclipse Blue then you can use it with any version of our products. The subscription includes all updates and new releases.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#392122 Reply

rajmyeclipse2015
    Participant

Thank you Scott! I will get back if I see any further issues with MyEclipse 2014 version.
    Appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: My Eclipse 10.7.1 Blue with Websphere Application Server 8.5.5

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in