facebook

Databases and button Back incompatible ??

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

alonso100

Hi,

I have my database which has currently 3 tables. I open the DB from screen1 (which is a list of items) and can navigate to screen2a (which reads records from the DB). If any record is found according to search condition entered by user, screen2a displays an overview for the user to select the option and then we navigate to screen2b. So far so good.

If from screen2b I press button Back, it takes me to screen2a but then I cannot search for another record because the following instruction is not executed:

DEMODB.transaction(
          function (transaction) {
            transaction.executeSql(myQuery, null,
                dataSelectHandler2, 
                errorHandler);
          }
      );

It was successfully executed the first time. Debugger does not trigger an error message, it´s just that DEMODB.transaction is not executed a second time and therefore, neither dataSelectHandler2 nor errorHandler are executed. I changed then the code behind Back; instead of GoBack I declared GoToScreen and this time it works. So somehow the application is lost with GoBack; it seems that it does not know where it is.

Now if I navigate from screen1 to screen2a I can execute any number of times the query and display the information. If I go back to screen1 and navigate to screen3 or screen4 and then to screen2a via Screen1, it does not work anymore. As I mentioned, the above code is not executed and I cannot understand why. There´s no error neither at runtime nor at design.

When the above occurs, I try to verify if my DB is open and if the information is available. The system goes mad, the icon with the DB is not expanded totally (see screenshot) and it crashes. MobiOne is closed after a short dump.

What is the reason for this ??

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #332643 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@alonso100

>What is the reason for this ??

No idea atm. Probably a memory error of some sort in the database and db tools. We can look into once we can replicate the problem.

#332647 Reply

alonso100

should I send my files for investigation ??

#332724 Reply

Hi alonso100,

Yes, please. You can either attach it to thread or send it via support at genuitec dot com, use title mobione data from alonso100.

#334009 Reply

issue still not fixed
    I have same problem with Mobione 2.3

#334325 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@miloos @alonso100

I wish I had good news for you on this matter.

We recently invested significant time and energy investigating the websql tools and implementation issues. The net is to resolve them will take a significant investment (it won’t be quick). When we first implemented the Test Center’s core we used the the sql implementation of the day which was incomplete. We had a limited budget for websql mainly because the webdb/websql standards have been deprecated for a couple of years. Management felt/feels we needed to work on much broader services as we anticipated that the functionality would fade away and be replaced with a new standard; but as the old say goes “there is nothing more permanent than the provisional”.

This is a long way of saying that the Test Center websql tools and implementation have not been resolved and will not be for some time. In the 2.3 release notes we recommend that all developers that need to use websql use either the Chrome or Safari webkit inspector. In the upcoming 2.3.1 the websql inspector found on the Test Center local storage tools has already been removed since it is more pain than benefit.

#334342 Reply

alonso100

Chrome or Safari is no help in case of databases, on the contrary.

Mobione does not deliver any functionality to create DB and tables, so I have to create it dynamically with JS and then download the records from the internet. This works fine within Mobione if we forget the excentricities of the test center, but when I try to execute the code from a browser I get the error of cross domain.

I also tried to upload the records from a file in my computer and the damned browser triggers the same error. I uploaded then the files to my site but I got more pain and errors.

From all sides we are in a disadventageous position.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #334346 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@alonso100

Welcome to this crazy world of maturing technologies. From the error msg it likes you might be hitting a cross-origin request issue. What browser are you using?

If you are using chrome try launching with the flag: –disable-web-security

chrome.exe --disable-web-security
    #334347 Reply

alonso100

ok, great !! This is very good to know.

#334440 Reply

abhall98
    Participant

Having a similar problem ( see related post)
    resorted to testing with Safari and back button works there
    cross domain issues can be resolved with the following code in php

// Change this to allow <yourdomain.com> to make it accessible to your site, or allow <*> for ANYONE to be able to access it.
    header(‘Access-Control: allow *’);

#334442 Reply

abhall98
    Participant

Just another thought
    would not using the gotoscreen function create an overload in the history cache, particuarly on an iPhone which keeps the app running all the time.
    On web apps the Alt RightArrow also works as the back button and you can cycle thought your complete history

It appears that this problem relates only to the MobiOne test centre. in the Safari development enviroment which looks very similar the Back button works as it should and the SQL continues to work

appears to be something in the phoneui.back() function

#335300 Reply

JohnJake2

Hello.
    I also came across this strange problem in the test center. It still persists in MobiOne 2.3.1. I now replaced the goback functionality by gotoscreen. But I did not understand why this may keep the App running all the time.

JohnJake

#335340 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

hi john,

We are working on a Test Center replacement (was helping test it today) that should be much improved for webdb support. See this recent info http://www.genuitec.com/support-genuitec/viewtopic.php?p=13913#p13913

#336879 Reply

Andy

Just wondered if there was any news on this. I’m stuck with this same issue.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Databases and button Back incompatible ??

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in