facebook

5.1.0GA problem with jsp files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the reply. I’ll do that as soon as I can. I’d do it now, but I tried to open the Help functionality and the whole program is hanging again…

#262489 Reply

The uninstall/reinstall game worked, but it must be my day for finding problems. I want to export a WAR file. MyEclipse doesn’t have an option to let me export a WAR file with source included, unfortunately, but in this particular case that’s not a problem.

When I try to do the WAR export, however, the program kicks in the HTML and JSP validators, which just sit there spinning their wheels indefinitely.

Any ideas on that?

Ken

#262532 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ken,
    Since WARs are deployable units, and deploying source with your binary application is not considered a good practice, MyEclipse’s default treatment of the WAR won’t do that for you. (If you are just trying to create a backup-able or transferable copy of your project, File > Export > Archive is a better way to do that). I think we may extend that functionality in the future though (export WAR) to allow the inclusion of source for folks that want it. We can’t just sit on our high horse while users are asking for features 😉

Also the validator issue sounds like an install problem. The quickest way to trouble shoot this is to download our All-In-One installer, create a new install somewhere then open your existing workspace with it. Then right away do the export and see if it’s still running the validators. If it’s not, then it’s an install issue. If it is, then this could either be a bug, or a problem with your workspace. The trick here is finding out which piece of the puzzle is at fault, then tackling it.

If you get a chance (hopefully you are on Thanksgiving break?) to install the All-In-One, please let me know how it goes.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: 5.1.0GA problem with jsp files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in