facebook

add custom components repository

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

ahopper1969

Using 6.5GA I can add the component (a JPanel created with Matisse) to the palette, but when I select it and drag it onto the gui building screen the image does not appear and the following error appears in the log: “Project ‘hds-j2ee’ cannot reference itself”. I tried creating a new workspace, that solved the problem temporarily and allowed my to build my “master panel” using the custom subpanels. However the error has reappreared and my master panel now shows “invalid” where the custom components were used. I don’t want to keep creating new workspaces…

#288544 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you use the -clean command to try and fix this issue:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

Let me know if the problem persists.

#288580 Reply

ahopper1969

I tried that, -clean is actually in my eclipse.ini file. No effect.

#292346 Reply

Mike

I’m having a similar problem. The custom forms in my matisse palette were showing up in other forms as invalid.
    Now the forms don’t show up at all ( even though they’re there in the src ) and I can’t selected a custom form and move it
    onto another form, i just lose focus in the palette. I’m using MyEclipse 6.5

Now the really irritating part: I installed a new eclipse, installed a new 6.6 MyEclipse and it still had my old custom forms in the matisse palette.
    How the heck can I uninstall and install a fresh version that will clear out what ever is wrong with my matisse palette?

#292358 Reply

Loyal Water

msmith@anuesystems.com,
    You can click the arrow on the top right hand corner of the Matisse Palette and then remove the custom forms from the palette. That doesn’t help?

#292366 Reply

Mike

My point is that removing the custom forms and adding them again doesn’t fix the invalid problem. There is something in the matisse palette that is broken.

I was hoping that by uninstalling MyEclipse and reinstalling that the matiese palette would be reset. But it’s obvious that uninstalling the plugin is leaving some information behind since when I reinstall the plugin the custom forms are still there.

#292461 Reply

Loyal Water

msmith@anuesystems.com,
    Did you setup MyEclipse using pulse?

#292472 Reply

Mike

This morning I downloaded the MyEclipse 7.0 all in one package and installed it. The custom form from my previous installation was still there, and it still showed up in my other form as invalid. I removed the custom form from the matisse palette and added it again, and the custom form displayed correctly.

I’m guessing something changed in the 7.0 version that was able to fix the problem.
    I’m still not confident that that invalid state won’t come back, but atleast for now it’s working.

#292515 Reply

Loyal Water

This message has not been recovered.

#292625 Reply

Mike

#292636 Reply

Loyal Water

#294741 Reply

Oliver Hoppe

Hi,

i have got the same Problem like the others. I extra bought myeclipse pro because the ui-editor is one of my favourite features. Unfortunately it doesnt work with the custom components. I tried with jdk1.5 and jdk.16 from pulse and with 1.6.10 installed on my system.
    When i create a new form which is nearly empty only with some buttons it works fine. During the enhancement of the form something must happen which makes it invalid. Maybe i’m wrong but i mean that i recognized the non functionality fo the custom component when i added action-listeners in the form. After that i couldnt add it to my main form. I really hope you will fix this or can give me a hint about this. I tried everything which is posted on the support forums here. I’m right about to switch to Netbeans where my forms work without any error.

Here is my installation summary:

*** Date:
    Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2009 14.13 Uhr CET

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_06

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 7.0
    Build id: 7.0-20081201

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 7.0
    Build id: 7.0-20081201

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.4.1.r341_v20080731-9I96EiDElYevwz-p1bP5z-NlAaP7vtX6Utotqsu
    Build id: M20080911-1700

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework GEF

Version: 3.4.1.v20080806-67718083A56B4H2A3213573
    Build id: 200809101400

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.4.100.r341_v20080814-989JESIEdAciFYfkZZsBfSwQ2341
    Build id: M20080703-0800

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.4.1.r341_v20080709-0800-7o7tEAfEF_U5qyUgrb2HAp539P97
    Build id: M20080709-0800

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.4.1.r341_v20080731-7T7U0E9mlRIuGUYviF_VP
    Build id: M20080703-0800

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Programme\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Programme\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.101.R34x_v20080731\eclipse_1115.dll
    -startup
    C:\Programme\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20080819.jar
    -clean
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:\Programme\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jre.win32.x86_1.6.0.006\bin\client\jvm.dll

Best wishes
    Oliver

#294851 Reply

Oliver Hoppe

Good Morning,

any ideas for a solution? It’s not very nice that i have to add the forms i created by hand to my main form. Any help would be nice.

Thank you in advance

Oliver Hoppe

#294879 Reply

Loyal Water

Oliver,
    Can you please send us a sample project to help us reproduce this issue at our end. You can hit the pm button below my post and send me the project with your form in it.

Thanks.

#294952 Reply

Oliver Hoppe

Hi,

i solved the Problem myself. i never found any errors in the workspace log. Then i found another log called explorer-?.log. There i found the problems with my forms. The problem was that my forms had some clases inside which are no matisse forms but they also have to have a default contructor. Now all my forms are displayed correctly since i added an empty default constructor to all of them.

Best wishes from Germany

Oliver

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
Reply To: add custom components repository

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in