facebook

Adding Hibernate capabilities

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, i am trying to add hibernate capabilities to my webapp – following the flash demo; all seems to be well with the creation of the data source in the DB browser. I can make the connection and browse the tables within the db schema.
    When i come to the next section to add the hibernate capabilities, i click on the project name, select the mp Eclipse / Add Hibernate from the menu and nothing happens!

I have the hibernate libraries available in the app – but can’t see what else to change!
    Any help for a newBe to Eclipse most appreciated

Cheers

Paul

#223679 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#223700 Reply

I have a new install of Eclipse –
    Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: 200412162000

New install of my eclipse – downloaded yesterday
    Version 3.8.3

Java version: 1.4.2
    OS – XP Pro SP2

All of the default options accepted, the only thing that i did prior to this was a hello world class, and then connected to the database.

Only plugins installed are the defaults that come with eclipse / my eclipese

There is this in the exception log:
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.util.SWTUtil.getButtonHeightHint(Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Button;)I
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateSupportMainWizardPage.createProjectControls(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateSupportMainWizardPage.createControl(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:605)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:496)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:375)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:983)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:685)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.AddHibernateCapabilitiesActionDelegate.basicRun(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.AddHibernateCapabilitiesActionDelegate.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ui.action.LicenseValidatingActionDelegate.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:234)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:555)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:505)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:419)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:833)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2803)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2448)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1569)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1540)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:285)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:144)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:102)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:220)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:710)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:694)

Cheers

Paul

#223701 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I have a new install of Eclipse –
    Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: 200412162000

This is the problem, Eclipse 3.1 is not supported just yet but our new release of 3.8.4 (due out this week or early next) will have a 3.1 compatible parallel release that you will be able to use. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#237629 Reply

katarina

This message has not been recovered.

#237640 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#237881 Reply

jeffhoran

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Adding Hibernate capabilities

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in