facebook

after quickfix, ‘Unable to create part’ error for JSP

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

lduperval,
    Try setting the following:

Project root: module1/
    src dir: module1/code/java/packages (I’m guessing here)
    output dir: module1/output/
    webroot dir: module1/code/web

I think the only thing that won’t work right is deployment, resolution and the rest *should* work I think.

#214762 Reply

doyle

I took the latest release last week. Did the clean and what not. But am getting the ‘Unable to create part’ error.

Here’s the Deal.

This is not a MyEclipse project just a simple Project this project happens to be a domain on a remote server with a few exploded ears and wars. I did not get this error until after the install last week Friday.

So whacha think?

#214772 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Doyle,

The problem is likely a bug related to opening JSP’s in non-web (plain) projects. Basically, without a context root for include files, a NPE is generated internally. We’ve fixed the issue on HEAD and it will be part of 3.8.2 in a couple of weeks. The easiest workaround is to “Add web capabilities…” to your plain project, which will work around the problem in the interim.

#214782 Reply

doyle

Thanks … I can live with it until then.

Not everyone uses the ME where I am so I can’t add capabilities. It’s a shared simple project.

#214791 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Why can’t you add web caps? Just don’t check the .mymetadata, .myeclipse files into CVS and try and add .project temporarily to your .cvsignore file until they are all using ME, then no one will be wise to your setup 😉

#214920 Reply

reynolds111

Having the same problem – Funny thing is though, I was having similar JSP editing problems with another editor plugin (Lomboz) before. Let me know if there is anything I can provide.

#214921 Reply

Riyad Kalla

reynolds,
    As everyone’s setup and problems differ by a slight amount sometimes, it would be helpful if you could provide additional details about the versions of software you are using, whats going on, any log entries, etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
Reply To: after quickfix, ‘Unable to create part’ error for JSP

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in