facebook

An internal error occurred during: "Initializing Target

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Bill Fly

I did it. Uninstalled, downloaded a fresh copy, ran the installation as administrator, ran the IDE as administrator, and it still got the same error.

#294868 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Bill,

After digging into this, it looks like this error can occur *any time* Eclipse (or any Eclipse-based product, like MyEclipse) attempts to make use of the security libs for storing/retrieving passwords. I found some posts for folks that ran into this with just a normal Eclipse install and it looks like the JRE that is running Eclipse can possibly get it’s java.security file out of whack so the security configuration is all dorked and reading/writing the secure password file fails.

One of the more common culprits looks to be a corruption of the java.security file, it’s located on your machine under C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Pulse\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jre.win32.x86_1.5.0.011\lib\security, on my machine that file has a size of 58,528 bytes. I’ll attach my file to this post for you, try and back yours up and use mine and see if taht does the trick after a restart.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #294902 Reply

Bill Fly

My java.security file is in folder:C:\Users\Bill\.pulse\cache\jres\com.sun.java.windows_1.5.0.13\lib\security.

Also, the java.security file in the zip file you sent me is only 10,151 bytes in length unpacked, as is mine.

#294920 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm, it looks like you have an older install of Pulse — something is goofed up and my only suggestion would be a clean reinstall (manually cleaning out all the old bits) — I can walk you through that process if you are willing to give it a try. Let me know.

#295023 Reply

Bill Fly

Sure. I uninstalled and found MyEclipse v7 on Pulse. I tried several times to install it using Pulse, but it tool too much memory. I have 2GB of memory, but can’t get through the install.

#295129 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Bill,

To clean off your system completely, please run the MyEclipse and Pulse uninstallers — once they are done, please navigate under C:\Program Files and C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local, and under both directories look for “Pulse” or “Genuitec” directories and erase them.

Also under C:\Users\Bill, please erase the .pulse directory, any .pulse files you see (like .pulse2.locator) and you should be all cleaned out.

Then re-run the MyEclipse 7.0 installer just as your normal user and let it install to the default location under AppData and that should get you all setup with a clean cruft-free setup.

#295395 Reply

Bill Fly

Cleaned everything re Pulse and MyEclipse from my system and reinstalling Pulse and MyEclipse using Pulse worked great. No more error in update process. Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: An internal error occurred during: "Initializing Target

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in