facebook

APK file debuggable

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

The short answer is if you do not have the original private key and certificate that your app was signed with then you must start over with a new pk/cert pair. In addition to the mobione signing doc you can learn more from this android doc on the topic http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/app-signing.html

I realize this is a pain. We took for granted that users would read the docs on this process and never use the developer mode pk/cert provided by mobione for their production use. To prevent this scenario we have recently modified MobiOne app center builder to no longer create non-debug mode apps when a user does not provide an explicit pk/cert.

Last word on this is just as our docs and the android docs call you must take extra special care to never loose or expose your signing private key and certificate. We see users being way to casual on this matter. It’s serious!

#348228 Reply

fbod383

@support-michael wrote:

Update: my discussion with dev team concluded as I suspected.
    Google play requires your app update be signed with the same certificate as the old version. In this case your app was signed with a tmp certificate which no longer exists. Thus you will not be able to update the app directly. Instead build your app with a new certificate. Save this certificate in a private and safe recoverable location. I’m not a google play expert but I believe you need to create a new app in google play for your app and upload the binary to it. Then delete or refer your current app to it.

So you’re saying we can no longer update existing apps?!?!? You guys could have a huge lawsuit on your hands as we have thousands of downloads and now will lose all of them

#352641 Reply

dragon2010

I tried to upload the apk file that I created through mobione and the message “Upload failed
    You uploaded a debuggable APK. For security reasons you need to disable debugging before it can be published in Google Play

How can I overcome this problem?

#352647 Reply

Are you providing your own signing identify files when building the app, (e.g., private key/cert or p12)?
    If no then then MobiOne app center creates the android app using a temporary developer certificate and configures the app for debug mode.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: APK file debuggable

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in