facebook

appstoreuploader.com

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I was wondering how long time appstoreuploader normal use for uploading an app. I’ve send the request yesterday and payed – but I’ve still not heard anything from them..

Also – is there any alternatives out there – I’ve not been able to google other…

TKT

#347598 Reply

Hi TKT,

It can take up to 24 hrs sometimes. I pinged Kyle and all is OK. He should have your upload completed late this afternoon.

#347615 Reply

thanks for the info. I had a missing icon in the build so it was rejected. Mean time I managed to install Mac OS X Lion on my win 7 64 – VirtualBox. So now I can upload my self.

#347616 Reply

paulD

You got to keep sneaky things like that on the quiet my friend………….. your not allowed to install Apple OS on anything other than a mac, it’s illegal 🙂

#347621 Reply

Thanks for the advice Paul,

But I live in Denmark, I own a copy of the software – so I doubt it’s illegal here.

But it was only a test of course…

#347657 Reply

paulD

We just need some clever person to come up with a PC version of the Application uploader. Save all this nonsense……

But that would be far too easy. That’s not the Apple way……… 🙂

#347706 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

I found the perfect answer, I bought a Mac.

#347720 Reply

paulD

@stickleback wrote:

I found the perfect answer, I bought a Mac.

It’s something i have been thinking for a while now. But i don’t want to buy one just to upload apps, i want to work on it. My workstation is needing replacing and i would like to go mac. Mobione is the only thing holding me back to be honest with you. But i will have to make a decision soon. Myeclipse has a mac version, it would be great for Mobione also.

#347746 Reply

gbwiii

Did they ever post your app – I sent them the $5.00 today and my app and nothing yet ? – I called the phone number paypla provided and no one answered, are they out of business ?

#347750 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Paul, I bought a mac mini, I have it connected via HDMI to my 27″ PC monitor, all I needed was a bluetooth keyboard and a wireless mouse for the mac and I was good to go. I still prefer the PC though.

#350743 Reply

EricRae
    Participant

… other than the mac… with just isn’t in the cards right now… anyone found any alternatives, yet?

Although I appreciate the service this guy is doing … it just seems like he’s one guy who often needs more than 24 hrs. I’m just not sure I can wait that long between uploads esp if there has been a mistake.

Thoughts?

Forflex.

#350745 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

You could try this but I doubt it’s legal or whether it will work or not.
    http://lifehacker.com/5938332/how-to-run-mac-os-x-on-any-windows-pc-using-virtualbox

#350747 Reply

EricRae
    Participant

I like the virtual image idea… but that might not be practical for me. What about macincloud virtual computers?

It’s been 28 hrs with still no upload for my app from the guy at appstoreuploader.com. I’ve used my waiting time to do some research.

http://www.appstoreuploader.com/ = $5 per upload = 12 uploads per $60
    http://www.macincloud.com/ = $30 setup fee + $30 for 30 hrs pay as you go = $60

If you assume that 1 upload can be done with MacinCloud per hour, then for your $60 you get 30 uploads with macincloud and 12 with appstoreuploader.

Additionally, macincloud…
    – provides you with the instant feedback or whether or not it will be accepted (ie you didn’t make a package mistake)
    – is as quick as you are
    – does not require you to provide a stranger with your itunes connect username and password
    – responds to support questions

Appstoreuploader…
    – requires you to give them your itunes user name and password
    – has never taken less than 22 hrs to upload something for me
    – charges you $5 per upload (upfront) no matter how long it takes them and/or whether or not it succeeds.
    – has never responded to any of my support questions, although all I ask is why my file hasn’t been uploaded yet.
    – has no form of debug or troubleshooting, they just blindly upload it and well see if you got it right (if not, then you will need to pay around $5 and wait another 22+ hrs)

Are others using macincloud?

#350756 Reply

EricRae
    Participant

Well.. after 37 hours and no upload, I felt I just couldn’t wait any more. This is well beyond his documented SLA and frankly speaking, unacceptable.

I’ve moved to MacInCloud and it works great. Honestly guys, it takes the apple store a week to get the update approved and in. I can’t burn a day and half every time I have an update waiting for appstoreupload to upload it to the store for approval.

I just added 2 more days to my go live date because the guy I paid didn’t upload it. Appstoreupload was a good idea, but the service just isn’t acceptable for any product you take seriously. Still no response as to why he didn’t get around to doing it. I’ve ask for my $5 back and put in a complaint with Paypal.

Forflex

#350765 Reply

AdamRogan

I bought a second hand mac pro cheap, i agree everything is easier on pc, but for iphone apps xcode is fairly easy to grasp,
    though i prefer Mobione its much quicker and easier for design,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: appstoreuploader.com

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in