facebook

Building Workspace hangs

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jesse Clark

I am developing a Struts/Hibernate application using MeEclpise 3.8.3 with a fresh install of Eclipse and no other plugins in Fedora Core 2 on a AMD 2600 with 512MB of RAM.

I have my project deployed as an exploded package under Resin 3.0 controlled through the IDE. I have noticed that periodically after a long period of development, rebuilding the workspace after saving changes starts getting slower and slower until the program all but stops responding. I checked the process list and the Eclipse process was using over 300MB of RAM. If I then close the Eclipse window linux tells me that the program has stopped responding but if I let it finish running it will eventually save the workspace and close.

Any idea what could be causing this or how I could get more information? It has happened several times now.

Thanks,
    -Jesse

#225033 Reply

Riyad Kalla

fresh install of Eclipse

What version of Eclipse? (Help > About)

Any idea what could be causing this or how I could get more information?

When this occurs, if you check the Eclipse process (or java process, whichever is running Eclipse) is it pegging the CPU, or is the CPU usage normal? (0% when idle, etc.)

Please also provide your Build ID from MyEclipse (Window > Prefs > MyEclipse) AND your Java version (result of ‘java -version’ from your console). ALso please check your log file (workspace dir\.metadata\.log) and past any exceptions near the bottom of it here for us to look at.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Building Workspace hangs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in