facebook

Can’t deploy on WAS 5.1/6

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

gcormier

Hi, I’m trying to deploy just a simple test J2EE 1.4 Project I created.

I get

The EAR file could be corrupt and/or incomplete.
    com.ibm.etools.archive.exception.DeploymentDescriptorLoadException: WEB-INF/web.xml

When I try to deploy it in the WAS Admin console.

Anyone have any ideas?

#228845 Reply

gcormier

Oh and it’s ME 3.8.4, and “Websphere 6”. In quotes because, we purchased websphere 6 yet it looks like WAS 5.1 to me, and it even says Websphere 5.1 all over the place…

#228957 Reply

gcormier

Any ideas?

#228999 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#229331 Reply

cmhg

i´m having the same issue… i deployed a project on WebSphere 5.1 using myEclipse 3.8.4 with eclipse 3.0.2 on Windows2000

i deployed my project from myEclipse as a packaged archive (it delivers the .war on C:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\installableApps) and then went to WAS console into Applications>Install New Application but after setting the .war local path and the context root, it throws me the following:

The EAR file could be corrupt and/or incomplete.
    com.ibm.etools.archive.exception.DeploymentDescriptorLoadException: WEB-INF/web.xml

any idea? thanks!!

#229336 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This might have something to do with you deploying the project to a directory with a space in the path, WebSpehere might not like it. Can you try and reinstall to C:\WebSphere and doing the deployment adn seeing if that worked just for sanity-check sake?

#229386 Reply

cmhg

in fact the problem was because of the xmlns parameters that myEclipse generates in the <web-app> tag within web.xml when struts capabilities are included
    seems to be that WebSphere does not recognize this addresses so i just threw away that info and the WAS console allowed me to install the application… thanks anyway!!

#229389 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

in fact the problem was because of the xmlns parameters that myEclipse generates in the <web-app>

This is controled by the specification level you set when you create the project. What happened was you created a web project for a later version of the spec that WAS supports since the latest version uses XML namespaces rather than DTDs in web.xml

#231377 Reply

Hung Nguyen

I have the same problem. I’m generating war files for both Tomcat 5.5.7, which has no problem. Only problem with WAS deployment. Please show me how to fix for WAS and not causing problem for Tomcat.

I’m running WAS 5.1.1, jdk1.4.2, MyEclipse 3.8.4,. Eclipse 3.1M7.

Thanks – Hung

#231380 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hung,
    Does your project use any features that are part of J2EE 1.4?

#231390 Reply

Hung Nguyen

Yes, I’m using JSTL, EL. Thanks for quick response – Hung

#231391 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I don’t know that there will be a “quick fix” for this, since WAS isn’t going to support J2EE 1.4, so if you are using features of that spec, and want to deploy your app on both WAS 5.1.1 and Tomcat 5.5 then you will need to downgrade to J2EE 1.3 spec and maybe using JSTL 1.0 (if that will run on WAS 5.1.1)

FYI: WAS 6 support is comming in MyEclipse 4.0, so if you wnated to use WAS 6 instead it shouldn’t be long until MyEclipse supports it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Can’t deploy on WAS 5.1/6

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in