facebook

Cant make SQLServer JDBC drivers work

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jiffyjub99

Hi we have been trying to make the DBExplorer work with the supplied SQLServer driver. Connection always fails. We also tried to create a new driver with the microsoft jar files. That failed also. Then we tried with what we know works, the BEA SQLServer JDBC drivers. That failed too.

Any solution for this problem.

Thanks

Luc

#218157 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#218209 Reply

Hi
    I had the same problem of connection failure to mysql server from the DBexplorer. I really dont know what your problem may be but this is what fixed my problem.
    Go to window>preferences>Myeclipse>DatabaseExplorer>driver make sure if there is a blue check mark before the driver name (only JDBC ODBC bridge driver had it by default)
    If there is no check mark using that driver gave a connection failure when used in DB explorer. What I did was to select the driver name and press edit. The go to Extra class path tab>new and browsed to the driver jar file in the WEB-INF/lib directory of my project and the driver worked from there on in DB explorer.

-Surender

#245561 Reply

ygc_1970

Thanks for this answer,I can’t solve this problem for days .Thanks a lot

#245562 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys this should have been fixed in 4.1, we no longer show drivers that have not been configured so hopefully that confusion should be gone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Cant make SQLServer JDBC drivers work

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in