facebook

Chance to double sales:Acceleo (MDA) capability in MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MikeKing

It seems that Genuitec has an amazing opportunity to incorporate Model Driven Architecture into MyEclipse.
    This would possibly more than double the development productivity being delivered by MyEclipse.

The open source MDA tool, Acceleo, would fit into the MyEclipse framework. It is already integrated into Eclipse.

The tool enables new software to be specified using UML models (platform independent), from which code can be generated in the Eclipse framework.

The code needs some hand coding to be added. This is done between special user code ‘markers’ . MyEclipse seems tailored for supporting this kind of thing. Also, some of the Acceleo generators input uml models and produce code in a mix of frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Struts. MyEclipse already has these capabilities, so could add value to Acceleo.

Then also Acceleo includes features that focus on the creation of new code generators for any framework. MyEclipse could also add value to this.
    The ‘Generator Factory’ allows a ‘bottom up’ approach, in which the target code can first be coded by hand (MyEclipse can rather assist with this), and then generalized in the .mt files. This is very powerful, enabling one to create new generators from a base of existing code.

I would certainly find it amazing to use an ‘Acceleo_MyEclipse’.
    I am currently playing with Acceleo within MyEclipse, but of course there is not yet any special support.

#289909 Reply

Loyal Water

MikeKing,
    We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with these insights and I have ensured this thread will be reviewed by product management.

#292742 Reply

nmatrix9

This message has not been recovered.

#293761 Reply

I’m really interesting too by Acceleo inside MyEclipse.
    I use this plugin to create my own generator and it’s really the best template engine I ever seen (really better and simplier than JET or Xpand).

Please add it to the official supported plugin or integrated it inside the official MyEclipse distribution, to add the feature of easy creation of generators.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Chance to double sales:Acceleo (MDA) capability in MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in