facebook

Changing the naming convention for Exporting to Hibernate?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gcormier

When I browse my DB in the MyEclipse DB Explorer, I can export my tables to Hibernate.

We prefix our table names with the appropriate application that uses those tables. So for instance I have

BF_BOARDROOM
    BF_CAPABILITY

MyEclipse generates the classes and XML files as “BfBoardroom” and “BfCapability”…

Is there any way to get around this so it will generate it as “Boardroom” ?

Right now it’s generated, and I rename the Class file, and change the reference in the XML files.

However, it will be annoying to this every time a table is updated.

Thanks,
    Greg

#235519 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Greg,
    Currently there is no workaround for this. We have a visual hibernate mapper on the back burner that was suppose to make it into the 4.0 release but instead will be pushed back into a later release. When that makes it into MyEclipse you will be able to setup all the mappings and namings you like for your DB.

#235521 Reply

gcormier

🙁

This is unfortunate, since I can only use the ME Hibernate export once. Since I’m manually tweaking the files, using it again would break everything.

Hopefully it doesn’t slip too far on the priority list 😉

Thanks,
    Greg

#235526 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hopefully it doesn’t slip too far on the priority list 😉

It won’t, we are solidly committed to Hibernate, just a bit of a delay while we reprioritized (hibernate 3) support for 4.0 based on user demand at the last minute (re: “We’ll kill you if you don’t support Hibernate 3 instead”)

#235529 Reply

gcormier

Woops, I made another post, guess flood control nabbed it.

It’d also be nice to be able to select what data type the column maps to. I notice now any NUMBER gets mapped to a LONG, which is not always the case, sometimes we want integers, etc. So add that to the list if ti’s not there 🙂

Good to know you guys are beind hibernate 🙂 And yes, I’d rather H3 then H2 support 😛

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Changing the naming convention for Exporting to Hibernate?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in