facebook

[Closed] Cannot connect to remote postgresql server

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a PostGreSql server (version 8.0.4) running on a linux machine on the same network as the machine which the client (in this case either MyEclipseIDE DB Explorer or pgAdmin III) runs on. I can connect to the remote db using pgAdmin, but not with the MyEclipseIDE DB Explorer. I get the following error message when trying to connect:

Error while tryhing to login to database:
    Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting incoming TCP/IP connections.

I know that the remote db can accept TCP/IP connections, because I connect to it via pgAdmin using TCP/IP. Also, I believe I have setup my driver correctly.[/b]

#241970 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Also, I believe I have setup my driver correctly.

This is important, navigate to Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > DB Explorer > Drivers, find the POstgres driver and hit EDIT, make sure it is setup correctly and that your JAR files that contain the JDBC driver are all added appropriately. Now go back to the DB explorer and open your profile that you create, and make sure all your connection strings are correct. We’ve not had anyone report problems with PostgreSQL or the driver, it’s quite good so I think this should be something easy to fix for you.

#241992 Reply

Yes, the problem was with my jdbc connection string. The default template string retrieved from the driver was either wrong, or I read it wrong.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Cannot connect to remote postgresql server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in