facebook

[Closed] Deployment fails in packaged mode (.war): Tomcat

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

MichelMorlighem
    Participant

Hello,

I have the problem with the new release (5.0GA). The precedent releases worked well (5.0M2 included). But, with the new version, it seems that the packaged deployment fails: if I choose a custom location, the *.war file is not created and if there is another *.war with the same name in the directory, it is deleted: not very fair!

Is this a known problem, is this a workaround or another way of customizing the deployment?

Thank you for your response.

Michel

#256536 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Michel,

This is very odd. I just use the Server View (after setting ‘Always show custom locations’ on the menu) to deploy a web project to a temp directory as ‘test.war’ and after the deployment finished, there was a properly formed war file as expected, verified by selecting the ‘Browse’ button from the deployment dialog and opening it.

Are you seeing any deployment-related exceptions in your log file at <workspace>/.metadata/.log? If so, please try restarting eclipse one time with the -clean flag: eclipse.exe -clean

Once it launches, please shutdown and then restart with your normal method. Try deploying again. Did that resolve the issue?

#256556 Reply

MichelMorlighem
    Participant

I have restarted Eclipse with the -clean flag, then normally.
    After invoking the deployment, I get the following message in the /.metadata/.log:

!SESSION 2006-08-11 09:49:29.124 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=M20060629-1905
    java.version=1.5.0_06
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_FR
    Framework arguments: -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core 1 0 2006-08-11 09:50:18.335
    !MESSAGE Build Exception
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Exception deploying construction
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.ant.J2EEArchiveDeployer.privExportWebProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.ant.J2EEArchiveDeployer.exportWebProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentPackager.exportWebProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.WebDeployment.deployAsPackageArchive(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.wizard.NewDeploymentWizard$2.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
    Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Exception deploying construction
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.ant.J2EEArchiveDeployer$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1737)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1719)
    … 7 more

Then the project is not deployed!

Thank you for your help

#256589 Reply

MichelMorlighem
    Participant

In fact, it seems that the problem occurs when there is an external projet in the build path of my web project. If cut the link to the external project, then the web project is ‘simple’, and the packaged deployment works well. When I add the external project in reference, then there is no way to deploy.

Amazing, isn’t it?

#256635 Reply

Andriy Korud

Hi,
    by the way, I have the same problem: deployment to .war fails if I have external project in build path. Without it everything is fine. MyEclipse 5.0.1GA. In 5.0M2 everything works fine. The following is logged to .log (note, gpec_db is external project, not that beeing deployed)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core 1 0 2006-08-12 14:49:06.598
    !MESSAGE Build Exception
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Exception deploying gpec_db
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.ant.J2EEArchiveDeployer.privExportWebProject(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.ant.J2EEArchiveDeployer.exportWebProject(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentPackager.exportWebProject(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.WebDeployment.deployAsPackageArchive(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.deploy(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.redeploy(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.dialog.DeploymentManagerDialog.redeployProject(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.dialog.DeploymentManagerDialog.Ă(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.dialog.DeploymentManagerDialog.access$3(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.dialog.DeploymentManagerDialog$6.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:820)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:796)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.action.DeploymentMgmtActionDelegate.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:244)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:539)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:441)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
    Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Exception deploying gpec_db
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.ant.J2EEArchiveDeployer$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1737)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1719)
        ... 44 more

#256637 Reply

Andriy Korud

@Vector123 wrote:

Hi,
    by the way, I have the same problem: deployment to .war fails if I have external project in build path. Without it everything is fine. MyEclipse 5.0.1GA. In 5.0M2 everything works fine.

Update: if I add external project as “Add class folder” deployment is OK. But when I add it as “external project” deployment fails.

#257148 Reply

MichelMorlighem
    Participant

I don’t have found a solution on my own. I think this is a regression bug, because the problem was not present in the precedent versions.

Can I hope the problem will be fixed ? If yes, when?

#258132 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Just for booking, this seems to be a similar problem: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-13774.html

#258133 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I tried setting up a Web Project with 2 dependent Java projects and deploying it and couldn’t reproduce this problem. Can you guys download my test project and try and reproduce the problem on your end and tell me where my setup differs from yours?

#258366 Reply

MichelMorlighem
    Participant

Hello Riyad,

The difference was that in my dependent projects the *.java classes where not contained in a source folder named src. I changed my projects, and now it works perfectly!

Thank you very much.

Michel

#258386 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Glad it’s working, thank you for following up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Deployment fails in packaged mode (.war): Tomcat

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in