facebook

[Closed] Exclude JAR files in deployment

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I hope that this is a simple answer. My question is if it is possible to have MyEclipse not include external JAR files when it does it’s deployment to an application server.

Specifically, I use JBOSS 4.x and my project included jaxrpc-*.jar files and when it went to do the deployment it included them in the WAR file that was deployed. Unfortunately JBOSS already had these JAR files and this caused some weird errors.

So what I would like is to have an option to exclude some files during deployment. Is that possible?

Thanks
    Steve Michael

#257199 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Steve,
    You can control what gets deployed under your MyEclipse project properties, then under Web > Deployment. From there you can tell the deployment tool what kinds of libraries to deploy and what kinds not to. We don’t yet have a filter system that you can invoke based on file name, but that should be comming in a future release.

#257530 Reply

I would also like the filter function as it would allow me to use the MAVEN plugin to find all the JARs for my web project and exclude the servlet-api and jsp-api when deployed to tomcat 5.5.

Is there a work around?

@support-rkalla wrote:

Steve,
    You can control what gets deployed under your MyEclipse project properties, then under Web > Deployment. From there you can tell the deployment tool what kinds of libraries to deploy and what kinds not to. We don’t yet have a filter system that you can invoke based on file name, but that should be comming in a future release.

#257564 Reply

Riyad Kalla

andrzej,
    The current workaround is to add the JAR files that you don’t want deployed as a different type of JAR, then adjust the web deployment rules to not deploy that *type* of JAR (for example, removing them, then adding them as External JARs).

#258743 Reply

webfiles

andrzej,

Did you find any appropriate solution to your problem yet? If yes please let me know because I am having the same problem while deploying my application on tomcat using m2Eclipse and am unable to find a way out.Riyad, i think there should be an easy way to filter out any number of jar files while deploying the application on the server.If there would have been a functionality like this i would have had to only uncheck 2 jar files which are giving me sleepless nights.

-Shahzad

#258790 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Shahzad,
    Currently there is no other workaround but the way you mentioned is exactly what we have in mind.

#259083 Reply

webfiles

Hi,
    FAcing the same problem mentioned by Shahzad. Is there any time frame for resolving this issue and please tell me that if we follow maven source format then is hot deploying is supported by my eclipse.

Regards,
    Shoaib

#259096 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Shoaib,
    There is no timeline given yet, but what do you mean Maven source format? I’m not farmiliar enough with maven. When using an exploded deployment, anything under your WebRoot dir that is “build” (normally a Save in Eclipse) will be redeployed immediately. I don’t know if that answers your question.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Exclude JAR files in deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in