facebook

[Closed] Hibernate not working in 4.1

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

In the Package Explorer, I see the basic jars one gets when creating a Web Project. One of these jars is commons-logging…..

commons-logging is not part of the default web library package. The default library contained added to web projects is our J2EE 1.4 Library Container. It contains:
    activation.jar
    javax.servlet.jar
    javax.servlet.jsp.jar
    jboss-j2ee.jar
    jboss-jaxrpc.jar
    jboss-jsr77.jar
    jboss-saaj.jar
    mail.jar
    namespace.jar
    xml-apis.jar

That’s it.

When I cared the Hibernate Capability I only selected the Core Libraries…
    Two of the jars in this library are duplicates from the Web Project jars–collections and logging… The hibernate3.jar is there too…..

The only duplication that occurs is between the xml-apis.jar file, collections and logging are not part of the core web project libraries.

Under the Window>Preferences>MyEclipse>J2EE Project>WebProject> Under the Library Deployment Policies, select the Jars in Web Project’s user libraries.
    Deduction and NOT documentation solved this issue……shame I wasted a DAY on this stupid configuration issue……Let me say thank you………. 😈

That is because you have to *read* the documentation in order to garner anything from it, Section 10.2: http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/webprojects/

This is also included under Help > Help Contents. You could have also found this by searching help for “web project deployment” or a combination similar to that.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Hibernate not working in 4.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in