facebook

[Closed] Hibernate Reverse Engineering problem, MySQL

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Seedless

HI folks,

I’m facing that error using an MySQL Database on WinXP for testing purposes. My Errorlog looks as follows:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 2006-02-01 19:11:32.65
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mysql/jdbc/NonRegisteringDriver
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.hibernate.util.ReflectHelper.classForName(ReflectHelper.java:101)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.registerFakeDriver(ConsoleConfiguration.java:226)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration$1.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:135)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:35)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.buildWith(ConsoleConfiguration.java:112)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:374)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:255)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:67)

Config:

*** Date: Thu Feb 02 15:58:57 CET 2006

*** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_06

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 4.1.0 GA
    Build id: 20060122-4.1-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: I20050513-1415

Eclipse Platform

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Eclipse Project SDK

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    I:\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    b44_4c
    -vm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe

Seems theres something wrong with the MySQL database driver. I’ve just downloaded it from the MySQL website.

#245907 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Seedless,

What version of the MySQL driver are you using -are you able to browse the tables in the DB Browser view?
    Is the driver on a local file system?

Do you have a hibernate only project or is this a hibernate + spring project?
    In your hibernate configuration file, have you setup the correct driver class, also, is there another version of the MySQL driver JAR in the class path of your project?

In your Database driver setup, and in your hibernate configuration file what is the FQN of the driver class you are using? If not already, can you change it to com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    and see if that works for you?

Best,
    Brian.

#245925 Reply

Seedless

Such a lot of hints in one post 😉 i’ll check that as soon as possible.

Regards

Ollie

#246041 Reply

Seedless

I’m using mysql-connector-java-3.1.12-bin.jar its located on a external harddisk, that is connected to the PC 😉 I am able to browse the database in the database view. I’ve tried to create the HIbernat mappings via a right click on the Tables an choosing “create hibernate mappings” or similar.

I’ve created a new web project right now (+Spring & Hibernate capabilities) and my Hibernate Mapping looks as follows:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <!DOCTYPE hibernate-configuration PUBLIC
              "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Configuration DTD 3.0//EN"
              "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd">

<!-- Generated by MyEclipse Hibernate Tools.                   -->
    <hibernate-configuration>

<session-factory>
            <property name="connection.username">root</property>
            <property name="connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/updateserver</property>
            <property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>
            <property name="myeclipse.connection.profile">MySQL</property>
            <property name="connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>

</session-factory>

</hibernate-configuration>

Still receive the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 2006-02-03 20:15:04.669
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    !STACK 0
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.hibernate.util.ReflectHelper.classForName(ReflectHelper.java:101)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.registerFakeDriver(ConsoleConfiguration.java:226)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration$1.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:135)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:35)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.buildWith(ConsoleConfiguration.java:112)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:374)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:255)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:67)

No further driver classes in the classpath

🙁

Ollie

#246043 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ollie,

Did you change the driver class used by MyEclispe to connect to your datebase? This is external to hibernate and your project, I’m talking about the driver you setup here: Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Database Explorer > Drivers.
    Change your MySQL driver to use com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, I believe it is probably using com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver right now. Reconnect to the database using that driver, does that work for you?

Best,
    Brian.

#246072 Reply

Seedless

Thanks for your patience.

The database driver setup window loks as follows:

Driver template: Empty (seemingly to load an predefined setup)
    Drivername: MySQL Connector/J Driver
    Connection URL: jdbc:mysql://<hostname>[<:3306>]/<dbname>
    Driver JARs: J:\Development\mysl-connector-java-3.1.12-bin.jar
    Java classpath: I:\eclipse\startup.jar
    Driver class name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

I’ve tested something, that gives a strange result: I chose “org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver” as driver class name as somebody suggested here at the forum. When I try to generate the hibernate mappings now the first Line of the Exception stack is:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mysql/jdbc/Driver

Switching back to the name “com.mysql.jdbc.Driver” leads to

again… really confusing, isn’t it?

Regards

Ollie

#246073 Reply

Seedless

Addition:

I’ve noticed, that when I open the hibernate config file and click the browse button to chose a Driver in the configartion view (tabs below editor), there is no available driver. I have to write com.mysql.jdbc.Driver manually an still it doesnt find any matching entry. Maybe this helps you analyse the problem?

Regards

#246075 Reply

Haris Peco

Seedless,

you use another driver from anywhere – check driver class and remove any old driver if you have one
    I can send you little application for test with simple java project

Peco

#246076 Reply

Haris Peco

see this thread with little application http://myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-11228.html

#246078 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ollie,

As snpe points out (details in the thread above), you probably have another driver jar in your classpath that is causing everything to trip.

Another question – was MyEclipse installed in a brand new location or did you install it over an older release (not recommended)? Also are you using a new workspace?
    Did you have a MySQL driver already configured in your older workspace?

You do not see any driver with Browse probably becuase you do not have the mysql driver jar files copied to your project. You could remedy this by choosing your connection profile from the drop down and then click “Copy JDBC driver and add to classpath”. While this affects your application, it is not necessary for the Reverse engineering to proceed normally.

Best,
    Brian.

#246082 Reply

Seedless

Hi once more,

I’ve already tried that sample snippet, brwosing the forum for solutions before. I get an “Connection is fine” :/
    When I try to klick that “Copy JDBC Driver and add to classpath” i get a dialogue that there would already be a driver class (which is the one I actually want to copy there) in the classpath an i have to choose wether to keep the existing or overwrite. Both of the options don’t change anything according to my problem.

I’ve installed MyEclipse freshly on my system. No previous version ever.

I’ve created a new workspace right now, have added an simple Java Project, added Hibernate capabilities, have set up the database driver in Preferences and created a database connection in DBView: once again, I can browse the tables but can not generate Hibernate mappings 🙁 I slowly run out of confidence…

Regards

Ollie

#246084 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ollie,

I’d just like to verify that your hibernate configuration file isn’t causing a mixup with the RE process. Could you try replacing your <hibernate-configuration> element with this?

<hibernate-configuration>

<session-factory>
        </session-factory>

</hibernate-configuration>

Save the file and attempt mapping again. Could you also try deleting the mysql driver jars which are in your project? I’m just looking for any JARs which might be on your project’s classpath already and are causing a conflict.

Best,
    Brian.

#246089 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ollie,
    The problem is an installation one, you are not using Eclipse 3.1 final, and at this point we would suggest Eclipse 3.1.2

I would suggest the following:
    1) Download Eclipse 3.1.2 SDK from here: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ and unzip it to a new location
    2) Redownload MyEclipse 4.1 GA and reinstall it against the version of Eclipse you unzipped in #1
    3) Create your new Java project and try and walk through your example USING a new workspace.

#246093 Reply

Haris Peco

When I try to klick that “Copy JDBC Driver and add to classpath” i get a dialogue that there would already be a driver class (which is the one I actually want to copy there) in the classpath an i have to choose wether to keep the existing or overwrite. Both of the options don’t change anything according to my problem.

it is sure that you have wrong driver – try make new myeclipse driver (configure driver and then add data without using template)

#246234 Reply

Seedless

Just got my Notebook back from repairing. Freshly installed – everything is fine now. One more time, thanks a lot for your patience. I’m gonna get the full version as soon as possible.

Regards

Ollie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Hibernate Reverse Engineering problem, MySQL

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in