facebook

[Closed] Noob Question 2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alexk400

I am able to use Myeclipse to generate hibernate POJOS. Successfully done one to many , many to one and many to many relationship.

Now my problem is with DAO creation. I have to create my own DAO using a template. Is there a sample (default) template used by myeclipse ide?.

So that i can configure dao creation to have CRUD operation.

Please Help!.

Thanks
    alexk

#271066 Reply

Loyal Water

Yes, this can be done and the instructions for this are in the Hibernate Quickstart document. You will have to follow those instructions and modify the file named daohome.vm

#271078 Reply

Alexk400

I do not find this daohome.vm file in myeclipse installation directory?. Can you tell me where this file is?.

Thanks
    alexk

#271525 Reply

Loyal Water

The *.vm files are in our plugin but you can download this bundle, unzip it in your own directory somewhere, make their modifications and then point the reverse engineering wizards to this directory with their modified version.

You can go to Help > Help Contents > MyEclipse Learning Center > Spring/Hibernate Development > Getting Started > Hibernate Development, go to the end of that tutorial document and at the bottom in the resources section there is a link to the MyEclipse Reverse-Engineering templates. That is the zip file that contains all of the *.vm files. You can unzip that in c:\temp or whatever and in the reverse engineering wizard there is a location at the top of the wizard where you can specify alternate location for the template files. Point it to this directory.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Noob Question 2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in