facebook

Configure JBoss with library path containing spaces

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I try to configure jboss 3.2.7 and jboss 4.0.2 with myeclipse 4.0M2/eclipse 3.1.0. Every time I try to configure an extended library path using the “Append to library path” box in the Paths section of the JBoss AS configuration of myeclipse which contains spaces in the directory names I get errors “Coult not find the main class. Program will exit.”

This worked in older my eclipse versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jochen

#232658 Reply

Additional Info:
    As a workaround I deleted the library paths from the Path part of the configuration and added an Optional Java VM Argument in the JDK Tab of the AppServer configuration:

“-Djava.library.path=C:/Programme/IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow/BIN/MQServer;C:/Programme/IBM/WebSphere MQ/Java/lib;C:/Programme/IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow/BIN;C:/Programme/IBM/SQLLIB/BIN”

Using the quotation marks everything works fine now.

I think adding this quotation marks to your code would fix the problem.

Jochen

#232679 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jochen,

Thanks for the bug report. We’ve entered it and will address it in an upcoming release. Also, thank you for posting the workaround, as this will help other users in the interim.

#232683 Reply

chad.roberts

How can I track this bug? Is there an issue number for it? Is the bug tracking system public? Thanks.

#232688 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The issue tracking system is not public because we use it to track other issues, not just ME development.

#232812 Reply

Tarry Singh

i’m having the same trouble on my JBoss app server. What I don’t understand is what has tcc-‘s vm start parameter of websphere got to do with the jboss app server?

#232820 Reply

chad.roberts

I think the point is that you need to move any of the paths you have defined that have spaces in them an move them into into the JDK tab in the VM arguments section. The point was not to use his paths verbatim. Notice that he using quotes fixes the spaces problem. HTH

“-Djava.library.path=C:/put/your/paths with spaces/here”

#232896 Reply

My example is a bit confusing, because WebSphere implies using the WebSphere Application Server. But this is not the case. I’m using the WebSphere MQ Workflow Workflow Engine in an application running in the jboss app server. That’s why the path contains the word websphere.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Configure JBoss with library path containing spaces

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in