facebook

Copilot support for ABAP [Resolved]

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

vishnucta
    Participant

Thanks @wayne . looking forward for your update.

#699465 Reply

vishnucta
    Participant

@wayne I would love to see the document or an update once we all are back from xmas and new year vacation. Anyways happy holidays to you , your team and all the members

#699466 Reply

wayne

@vishnucta thx and best wishes to you and team. Working on the docs as we speak. A little delayed as we decided to change our documentation system to make it quicker in the future. But the transition is costing us a couple of unplanned days.
    W

#699529 Reply

vishnucta
    Participant

Any updates @wayne

#699544 Reply

wayne

We are working towards the 1.0 production release to be available as soon as mid-next week (fingers crossed). One change we are introducing is to be less strict about supporting editors of content-type for which Copilot4Eclipse is unfamiliar. We are approaching this by using smarter defaults which will enabled basic code editors to just work. Yet there are some cases such as custom multi-tab editors which we can not support with a common strategy (yet). For that type of editor we are having to defer more complex engineering until after the 1.0 production release. Overall I expect there to be some good improvement in Copilot completions in basic ABAP code editors. But it may not cover all cases yet, i.e., YMMV.
    Regards,
    Wayne

#699677 Reply

Hello Wayne..!
    Any update on the 1.0 release for ABAP editor?

#699683 Reply

Mirko Fox
    Participant

Unfortunately, i have not found any possibility to use the copilot within eclipse for ABAP coding still

#699754 Reply

Hi @Mirko, Please let us know once you have some update on this.

#699771 Reply

virendevi@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi Wayne,

Looking forward to know the time window when the support feature for SAP ABAP will be launched. Thank you

#699782 Reply

wayne

We are wrapping up the 1.0.0 development stream and plan to release this version on or before Friday Jan 26.
    Regards,
    Wayne
    Copilot4Eclipse Dev Team

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by wayne.
    #699798 Reply

wayne

We just released the 1.0.0 version of Copilot4Eclipse that I’m hoping enables Copilot completions in your ABAP editor.
    Details here
    Please share if the update resolves the issue you were experiencing.
    Disclaimer – we ran out of time in the recent dev cycle to setup a working ABAP dev environment. We did introduce smarter defaults to reduce the number of cases where you receive an “Unsupported Language” status msg. Additionally we added more default ABAP file extensions that map ot the ABAP language id. Hopefully these actions will result in a more favorable experience going forward.
    Wayne

#699819 Reply

mschl
    Participant

hey @wayne, it works for all types of ABAP related files

#699826 Reply

wayne

Thanks for the good news. 🙂
    Marking this thread resolved.
    All the best.
    Wayne

#699829 Reply

virendevi@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the new roll out.

i get error as ‘completions disabled for plain text’. I am using ABAP perspective and ABAP program in eclipse.

regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #699831 Reply

virendevi@gmail.com
    Participant

ok. In preferences need to set correct languages. I selected all to make it work. Sorry for the false alarm.

Is it possible to use feature such as ‘Explain this’ or ‘test case generate’?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
Reply To: Copilot support for ABAP [Resolved]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in