facebook

Copilot4Eclipse chat (Experimental) Don’t work

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AllanMSCarlos
    Participant

Hello Genuitec team,

When I open the chat window, a “loading” message appears and after that the window loads but no interaction occurs. None of the window buttons work either. Code sugestions are working.

The chat was working before but it has stopped working recently. I updated the plugin but it’s still not working. I also deleted the plugin’s cache folder within the workspace but it did not work (.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse).

Can anyone help-me?

Log:
    !SESSION 2024-05-28 11:06:42.002 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=4.31.0.20240307-1200
    java.version=17.0.10
    java.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=pt_BR
    Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

——

!ENTRY com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse 4 0 2024-05-28 11:07:01.002
    !MESSAGE Cannot invoke “com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.lsp.messages.CheckStatusResult.isSignedIn()” because “<parameter1>” is null
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.lsp.messages.CheckStatusResult.isSignedIn()” because “<parameter1>” is null
    at com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.Copilot4Eclipse.notifyStatusChange(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.Copilot4Eclipse.lambda$0(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.Copilot4Eclipse$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse 4 0 2024-05-28 11:07:01.602
    !MESSAGE Timeout while checking Copilot status

#701065 Reply

wayne

Thanks for sharing this issue with us.

1. You mention that you recently updated your Copilot4Eclipse plugin. We released the v1.2.0-EA2 yesterday. Can you confirm you are running that version? See Help menu > About > Installation Details for the version info. If you are running v1.2.0-EA1 please update to the newest 1.2.0-EA2 version.

2. What OS and version are you using?

3. What happens when you close the Chat Panel when it is in this error state and then reopen it?

4. Are you running anti-virus or firewall software that might be blocking none standard ports? Internally the Chat Panel is an embedded browser that is making REST api calls to a small webserver run by the Copilot4Eclipse plugin. The webserver randomly selects an open port on startup. The plugin also pushes data and async commands to the chat webapp in the browser over a websocket connection.

5. Lastly, is your Copilot subscription managed as part of a GitHub organization? The reason for asking is that I’m wondering if perhaps Chat has been disabled organizationally – I doubt this is the case but need to ask.

Wayne
    Copilot4Eclipse Team

#701113 Reply

AllanMSCarlos
    Participant

Below is the requested information:

1- Copilot4Eclipse 1.2.0.202405271006-EA2 com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC

2- Edition: Windows 11 Enterprise
    Version: 22H2
    Installed on: ‎24/‎04/‎2024
    OS Build: 22621.3593
    Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0

3- I closed and opened eclipse to answer this question and the chat loaded but there was no answer to any of my questions. I suspected it was a proxy problem, I changed the proxy to manual in the settings and it worked. After that, I restarted eclipse around 10 times and it worked every time. I didn’t understand why it started working again since I hadn’t changed anything on the PC.

4- It is possible because I work at Santander Brazil and the notebook has several restrictions. Is there any way to see which port the browser used?

5- Yes, my signature is corporate. I believe this is not the problem because the chat worked until last Friday and stopped yesterday (Monday).

In short, it worked this time but I had to configure the proxy manually in the Eclipse settings. And finally, even though it worked, the same error occurred in the log, so I believe that this error is not causing any real problem.

Thank you for your attention.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Copilot4Eclipse chat (Experimental) Don’t work

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in