facebook

Could not initialize class org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi.

I am trying install MyEclipse 2013 on Fedora 19 (Gnome), but when i run the installer, i get the following trace in the file log:

!SESSION 2013-09-04 18:50:11.989 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.7.0_25
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=es_ES
    Framework arguments: ./myeclipse-pro-2013-SR1-offline-installer-linux.run 1110786048
    Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 ./myeclipse-pro-2013-SR1-offline-installer-linux.run 1110786048

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-09-04 18:50:15.327
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.container.ui.base.BaseInstallerGUIContainer.cleanup(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.machine.internal.SequenceMachineImpl.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.application.CommonInstallerApplication.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)

I think that the environment is right. Is there something wrong?

TIA.

#342124 Reply

support-swapna

afplmex,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please verify the file size and md5 sum of the downloaded installer matches that mentioned in the download site?

For your convenience I am pasting the values here :
    Full Installer: ~ 1059mb
    MD5: 085628ce36f12f40c65c8fbfeacea37b

If the MD5 does not match, please download the installer once again and try installing MyEclipse.

Let us know how it works for you.

#342131 Reply

I downloaded the file again and i have verified both items and they are the same that you give me, size 1.1 GB and the md5 is right.
    I need install another library?
    thanks for your support.

#342141 Reply

I am very embarrassed by my clumsiness, I installed the 64 bit version of the OS and not the 32 bit version, so the Java installation was incomplete and therefore could not install MyEclipse.
    I apologize for the inconvenience. I’m sorry.
    Greetings.

#342153 Reply

support-swapna

afplmex,

Glad that you got it working.
    Do let us know if you see any issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in