facebook

Creating Entity-relationship diagrams for DB

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Yaakov

Hi,

I just installed MyEclipseIDE and on the Welcome screen in one of the tutorial links, it says:
    Creating and maintaining ER Diagrams
    Learn how to create entity-relationship diagrams using MyEclipse.

When clicking on this, it says:
    The topic that you have requested is not available. The link may be wrong, or you may not have the corresponding product feature installed. This online help only includes documentation for features that are installed.

Is this feature not developed yet? I am very interested in having a feature where I can draw ERDs and convert them into sql scripts once they are done. Basically, what Toad Data Modeler Free version does right now.

If MyEclipseIDE can do this already, please let me know how to do this or point me to the tutorial about it.

Thanks,
    Yaakov.

#273933 Reply

Loyal Water

What version of MyEclipse are you using ?

The tutorial can be opened by going to Help > Help Contents > MyEclipse Learning Center > Database Development > Getting Started > Working with ER Designer.

#273936 Reply

Yaakov

I am using the latest version, I believe 6 M1.

Ok. I found it… So, MyEclipse still doesn’t let you truly create an ERD. It allows you to create one based on an existing database, but not from scratch. Also, quickly looking through the tutorial, it doesn’t look like I would be able to change anything about the database schema just by using the ERD drawing tools (add/remove tables from schema, change table fields, etc).

Can you confirm that this is so? Also, are there any plans to actually offer features of the ERD that would be similar to Quest Toad Data Modeler?

Thanks,
    Yaakov.

#274000 Reply

Loyal Water

Also, are there any plans to actually offer features of the ERD that would be similar to Quest Toad Data Modeler?

This is something that we are looking into (improving the ER designer).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Creating Entity-relationship diagrams for DB

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in