facebook

creating project in standard tomcat directory structure

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

We don’t mean to give the impression of “dragging users along”, we are working our asses off to do exactly the oppposite. While I understand you are frustrated about this, we need to step back and realize that we have 1000s of other users that could care less about this feature, and demand that we implement 1 of 200 other things; juggling all of that is no easy task, and may seem slow-paced because each feature isn’t done in a day or two, it may take weeks to implement and in the mean time the 999 other users are sitting around tapping their feet, checking their watches and overall getting pissed that their favorite feature isn’t done yet.

NOW, with that said, this single request (Web Root == Project Root) has gone, in a matter of a week or two, from being an enhancement request by one user, to a demand from something like 9 or more users… its really staggering. We already have this marked as a P1 in our bug tracker which means it is tagged for our next release, but I will add this +1 to it just to make sure and send a reminder that we should probably avoid doing a GA release until this is implemented. Our priorities are determine by you guys, and you all have been pretty clear that this feature is super important, so we will do our best to get it done.

#210793 Reply

mvincelette

Dude, relax! I wouldn’t curse you if you did not implement this feature at all…it’s your choice. I just think it’s fair for us to know, and I was a bit confused b/c there had been hints of it being implemented in the betas (in this and 1 or 2 other threads), and even some suggestions that it might work now if we just fiddled with our .mymetadata file etc. 🙄

Thanks for the update. I’ll certainly watch for this, and once it’s in place our small dev team will all look at using ME.

#210797 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Dude, relax!

Sorry about that, I think I got a little carried away there. I just meant to say that we <starts screaming at the top of his lungs>… and that’s why we haven’t implemented it yet, 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: creating project in standard tomcat directory structure

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in