facebook

CTRL + Click no longer works to open custom tags within JSP

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jmill

After updating to ME 9.1 from 9.0 ctrl+click no longer worked in JSP or tag files. I recently did a clean install of ME 10.0, created a fresh workspace, and ctrl+click still doesn’t work in JSP or tag files.

Any ideas?

#321259 Reply

support-swapna

jmill ,

We already have a PR filed for it.
    Sorry for missing the fix in MyEclipse 10. I will check with the dev team on it.

#321270 Reply

jmill

Thank you, but I can’t believe this wasn’t fixed in the 10.0 release!

I’m the only one left in my company that still uses MyEclipse. Everyone else has long since abandoned it for Intellij Idea or Netbeans. ME’s hot swap deploy works better than any of the others. so I don’t want to switch. My colleagues may spend more time rebuilding and redeploying than I do but I spend more time troubleshooting issues with my IDE than they do. Every time I upgrade to the latest version I cringe wondering which of my favorite features has broke.

After 5 years as a loyal ME user I started thinking that all the little bugs like this one, plus the lack of real Maven support for EE projects, cumulatively erode away whatever productivity I may gain from hot swap deploy. In fact I was ready to dump ME for Intellij but decided to give ME another chance when I saw the 10.0 release finally supports Maven EAR projects. But my frustration with ME’s reliability issues keeps me looking at Intellij and Netbeans. If either ever get hot swap deploy working as well as MyEclipse, I’m there.

#321319 Reply

Brian Fernandes

jmill,

1) We are able to reproduce this issue and our devs are investigating it right now. Unfortunately the 10.0 release was much delayed and a few issues had to be dropped in-order to reduce risk and further delays.

2) Once fixed, I’ll make this available on our milestone stream, so you don’t have to wait for the next major release; perhaps just a couple of weeks for the fix to be available.
    More info on our milestone stream is here: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-10-0-1-milestone-is-now-available/

3) We’re glad you are still with us and I understand such issues can be frustrating. I would like to know what issues in MyEclipse are personally bothering you. If you could list them out here or send them in to support@genuitec.com ATTN Brian, I will see how and when they can be addressed.

Thank you for your support.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: CTRL + Click no longer works to open custom tags within JSP

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in