facebook

DBExplorer – MS SQL server

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

NPRST

Peco,

The only jar file that I find from this link is: sqljdbc.jar. If I try to load only this jar for the driver then, it is not getting connected to the Database. It says connection error, please check the URL. I didnot have any connection problems with earlier drivers or jars.

I tried using all the 4 jar files (including the one which you sent) namely:
    msbase
    mssqlserver
    msutil
    sqljdbc
    In this case it is atleast getting connected to the database, but the problem is not resolved yet. I also am not looking for JDBC connection. I m interested in using Hibernate.

But to create a mapping for hibernate we atleast need to have a list of tables. There was no problem with the earlier version of Myeclipse, when I did.

Thanks

#257506 Reply

Haris Peco

sqljdbc.jar is enough – if you have other libraries you can have problems with new driver

Please, try with sqljdbc.jar only

this is parameters :

URL : jdbc:sqlserver://YOUR_HOST:YOUR PORT;databaseName=YOUR_DATABASE

class name : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

You have to add your username and password

It works with sql server 2000

Best

#257543 Reply

NPRST

Peco,

When I tried connecting only sqljdbc.jar with the template provided myeclipse – Microsoft SQL Server; it is not even getting connected to the Database.
    But, when I tried creating a new driver as per your instructions; sqljdbc.jar was enough to get connected to the Database, but still there are no table names listed. It is the same thing as we had with other drivers …

Thanks

#257549 Reply

NPRST

Peco,

Finally, something is working ….. I m getting the list of the tables, but not under my username but under username “dbo”; I m not sure why it is not showing the listing under any other username except-dbo. Though I m an administrator, its not showing under my username. But, I m happy atleast something is working. I tried to create a Hibernate mapping as well, the mapped classes seem to be little different from what we used to have earlier.

Thanks a lot for all the help and support Peco!!!!

I shall get back I have any further problems

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: DBExplorer – MS SQL server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in