facebook

EAR on weblogic 8.1

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vagamond

I’m evaluating MyEclipse in order to plan a large subscription across my company.

I tried to generate and deploy an EAR on Weblogic 8.1, but I got the
    following error:
    ————————–
    <7-feb-2005 16.00.50 CET> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149027> <Unable to activate application, _appsdir_TestEntAppProject_ear, from source, C:\appserver\bea\weblogic81\server\bin\applications\TestEntAppProject.ear. Reason: weblogic.management.DeploymentException: Error while loading descriptors: Error processing file ‘META-INF/application.xml’. weblogic.xml.process.XMLProcessingException: XML document does not appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header – with nested exception:
    ————————–
    the application.xml was:
    ————————–
    <?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <application xmlns=”http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee&#8221; xmlns:xsi=”http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance&#8221; version=”1.4″ xsi:schemaLocation=”http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd”&gt;
    <display-name>TestEntAppProject</display-name>
    <module id=”myeclipse.111111″>
    <ejb>TestEntAppProjectEJB.jar</ejb>
    </module>
    </application>
    ————————–

Additionaly, we are interested in a simple way to change the context-root of each EJB and EAR, in order to share the development environment among developers: any suggestion?

Regards

#224574 Reply

Riyad Kalla

IIRC WebLogic 8 does not support the J2EE 1.4 spec, have you tried deploying a simple J2EE 1.3 app and see if it works? It looks like you will need to upgrade to WebLogic 9 if you want J2EE 1.4 support: http://java.sun.com/j2ee/compatibility.html

I will have someone else take a look at your last question and follow up.

#224595 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Additionaly, we are interested in a simple way to change the context-root of each EJB and EAR, in order to share the development environment among developers: any suggestion?

Can you clarify what you mean here? We don’t quite follow how setting up context roots for EJBs and EARs would divvy up development (as opposed to setting up CVS repositories and everyone works on ‘a project’).

#225560 Reply

metoebes

I have run into a dilema similar to vagamond’s in that the project I am working on has moved to using the servlet 2.4 speification.
    After this change I was no longer able to deploy the project under Weblogic 8.1. It complained about the web.xml file being invalid.

I upgraded to weblogic V9 beta which supports the servlet 2.4 specification. THe application now deploys OK under weblogic V9.

I am currently launching the app server outside of eclipse. I am unsure how to get the myeclipse appserver integration to work.

When I bring up windows->preferences and expand MyEclipse->Application Servers-> there is no weblogic V9 beta… understandably.

I tried to use the MyEclipse->Application Servers->weblogic8 properties and pointing everything to the weblogic V9 correlaries….

BEA Home Directory: c:\bea
    Weblogic Installation Directory: c:\bea\weblogic90b
    Admin Username: weblogic
    Admin Password: weblogic
    Execution Domain Root: c:\bea\user_project\domains
    Execution Domain Name: test
    Exectuion Server Name: AdminServer
    HostName:PortNumber: localhost:7001
    Security policy file: C:\bea\weblogic90b\server\lib\weblogic.policy
    JAAS login configuration file: <blank>

However, when I then use the Run/Stop Servers pull down icon on the tool bar to start the weblogic server, I get switched to debug mode and get an exception in

Thread [main] (Suspended (exception FileNotFoundException))
    URLClassPath$JarLoader.getJarFile(URL) line: 573
    URLClassPath$JarLoader.<init>(URL, URLStreamHandler, HashMap) line: 542
    URLClassPath$3.run() line: 320
    AccessController.doPrivileged(PrivilegedExceptionAction) line: not available [native method]
    URLClassPath.getLoader(URL) line: 309
    URLClassPath.getLoader(int) line: 286
    URLClassPath.getResource(String, boolean) line: 156
    URLClassLoader$1.run() line: 191
    AccessController.doPrivileged(PrivilegedExceptionAction, AccessControlContext) line: not available [native method]
    Launcher$AppClassLoader(URLClassLoader).findClass(String) line: 187
    Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String, boolean) line: 289
    Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(String, boolean) line: 274
    Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String) line: 235
    Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClassInternal(String) line: 302

Any idea if this can work, or if myEclipse has suuport for the weblogic V9 appserver coming soon ?

#225561 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Does that exception stop the server from loading, or is it a stray breakpoint that if you hit the “play” button, the app server will continue to launch? We have had reports of the “phantom” breakpoints before stopping app server startup…

WL 9.0 support will come shortly after it goes final, I will enter a request for us to look into it ASAP.

#225610 Reply

metoebes

Hi Riyad,

Several of the breaks are not fatal. But eventually it tries to load javax.management.DynamicMBean. The class is not found and the server does not appear to continue loading.. stack trace is printed to the log.

In Weblogic 8.1 this class was in the c:\bea\weblogic81\server\lib\weblogic.jar.
    However, It does not appear to be in c:\bea\weblogic90b\server\lib\weblogic.jar.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: EAR on weblogic 8.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in