facebook

Eclipse 3.1 and MYEclipse IDE 4M3 BUG2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Guy,
    I am Raja Krishnan from sydney and i am trying to work with the new JSP designer .I am getting this exception when i try to open the same JSP again with 2 designer windows.
    I hope these JSP designer bugs will be fixed in the release version.I am using Win2000 and IE 6 with Eclipse 3.1 + MyEclipse IDE 4M3 .Exception is below from .log file.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2005-08-24 10:09:24.265
    !MESSAGE Unable to create editor ID com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner.jsp: The resource exam.jsp is already in use by another editor. Simultaneous editor access to this resource is unsupported.
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: The resource exam.jsp is already in use by another editor. Simultaneous editor access to this resource is unsupported.
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.util.EditorUtil.checkConflictingEditor(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner2.HTMLMultiPageEditorPart.init(HTMLMultiPageEditorPart.java:859)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:739)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:564)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:357)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:214)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2256)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2185)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$8(WorkbenchPage.java:2177)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2163)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2158)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.SystemMenuNewEditor.run(SystemMenuNewEditor.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:996)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:538)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:842)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2921)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2554)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1601)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1565)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:315)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:230)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:371)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:160)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:330)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:274)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2005-08-24 10:09:24.265
    !MESSAGE The resource exam.jsp is already in use by another editor. Simultaneous editor access to this resource is unsupported.

#235568 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Raja,
    This restriction is by design, due to the complex synchronization issues that need to be performed between the file, the DOM model and the View we enforce only opening a single JSPs once with our new designer.

Can you explain your use case such that you need to open this in two separate editors?

#235579 Reply

Hi All,
    If this is a Design issue then Message shown to User should convey that and not the exception…Anyway i don’t need to open the same jsp again but this can happen in eclipse ide often..
    Thanks anyway for quick response.

#235597 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Raja I agree, I will file the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Eclipse 3.1 and MYEclipse IDE 4M3 BUG2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in