facebook

Eclipse upgrade keeps upgrading MyEclipseIde

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Gerrit Cap

Hello,

After a fresh format C: I installed MyEclipseIde 5.0.1. But now every time eclipse runs a scheduled check to see if any features installed in it have a new version it always comes up with an upgrade to install MyEclipseIde 5.0.1. I think I’ve upgraded to 5.0.1 about 5 times now and the About screen effectively shows version 5.0.1 is installed.

#261030 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Gerrit,
    Is the updater actually pulling down files each time? Sounds like something squirrely is going on.

#261060 Reply

Gerrit Cap

Well I notice a download is going on when I let it run, if ai then later look into the plugins directory of the location of MyEclipseIde then I notice that the modification dates of the folders are changed but the files themselves are untouched.

#261068 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very odd… since it sounds relatively harmless I’d say you could either ignore it, or do a clean reinstall of all the latest versions of Eclipse and MyEclipse (we should have version 5.0.3 out here in the next few weeks) and see if it stops.

I’d probably just leave it alone and wait until you really needed to upgrade and just do a clean reinstall.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Eclipse upgrade keeps upgrading MyEclipseIde

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in