facebook

ER-Designer features in 3.8.4+QF2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ploskikl

Hi

I’ve installed MyEclipseIDE 3.8.4+QF2. I’m looking at the ER-Designer. The documentation (“MyEclipse ER-Designer Quickstart”) reflects MyEclipse 3.8.3. The Introduction says “The ER-Designer for MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 3.8.3 is the initial public version and its features are limited to providing a visual model of existing databases.”

Can 3.8.4 do more than provide a visual model of existing databases? For example, can I use 3.8.4 to update an existing schema (add columns to a table, add a table)?

Can you tell me what new features, if any, are part of the ER-Desiginer in 3.8.4, but not part of 3.8.3?

Can you also tell me what new features, if any are port of the DB Explorer in 3.8.4, but not part of 3.8.3?

(Note: The online documentation is dated May 16, 2005, but it also reflects 3.8.3.)

Thank you!

#229643 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can 3.8.4 do more than provide a visual model of existing databases? For example, can I use 3.8.4 to update an existing schema (add columns to a table, add a table)?

No the document is still accurate. We haven’t included full round-tripping with the DB yet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: ER-Designer features in 3.8.4+QF2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in