facebook

ERD Tool Not Drawing Any Relationships

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

GGJ
    Participant

I’m using the DBExplorer ER Designer to document a database. The ERD is not showing any relationships. Finds and Displays tables ok. I’ve tried with SQL Server and then created a new database in MySQL and I get the same issue. I don’t see any way to draw a relationship either.

Need help. I’m using Version: 6.0.1 GA

#285802 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you open the MyEclipse Derby database and try genrating the ER diagram for the CLASSICCARS databse. Select all the tables in the wizard. Are you able to see the relationships in the generated ER diagram?

#285803 Reply

GGJ
    Participant

Yes – I do see a couple relationships drawn for the Derby CLASSICARS database.

So what is the difference? Any clues to why the relationships are not showing up in my tests?

Is it possible to draw in relationships?

Thanks – Glenn

#285880 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glenn,

The ERD is currently a view only tool – it will only show you tables and relationships it picks up from your database, you cannot add other tables or relationships.

You are not seeing the relationships in our ERD because our tooling cannot detect any. If table A has a foreign key referencing table B, then when you select A, and look at the Foreign Keys tab in the Table / Object Info view, you should see an entry for the relationship. Ditto for B and the Exported Keys tab – do you see this?

Can you paste the DDL you used to create the two tables here? Note that in MySQL you must use the InnoDB engine for foreign keys to be correctly saved.

Hope this helps.

#285883 Reply

GGJ
    Participant

ok – thanks for reply.

Glenn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: ERD Tool Not Drawing Any Relationships

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in