facebook

Errors after Subversion Support 2.1.0 update

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Mike Bryant
    Participant

I have to say that, after years of being a faithful user of MyEclipse and referring many friends, I am concerned at how unproductive I have been lately working through the issues discussed in this topic thread. I sincerely hope that this is a fluke and that Genuitec hasn’t gone through some sort of change causing this level issues. I would really like to stick with MyEclipse, but I can’t be spending so much time getting the IDE to work– I need to spend my time coding…

#298162 Reply

support-joy

tzundel,

To remove the update using pulse explorer, you can follow the following steps
    1. Open pulse explorer.
    2. Click on My Profiles, here it will list you the version of MyEclipse installed.
    3. Click on the relevant MyEclipse version. On the right pane, it displays the installed profile.
    4. Click on Base software or Personal software and locate the software to be removed.
    5. Right click on the software and click on [Remove].
    6. Next right click on MyEclipse and click on [Run]

The other way to remove the update would be to launch the MyEclipse Dashboard.
    1. Click on MyEclipse > Manage MyEclipse Plugins. This will open MyEclipse Dashboard.
    2. Here it will list the to-be installed and already installed updates. Click on [Un-install] for Subversion Support.

#298165 Reply

You suggest us waiting until 7.5? When is it happening? Very strange attitude to their clients.

#298171 Reply

support-joy

vladimir.kovalyuk and other friends,

We understand your frustration. The fix will be coming out with Pulse 2.4.2. It is likely to be released later today or latest tomorrow.

Inconvinience caused is sincerely regretted.

#298179 Reply

patlv23

What tzundel is suggesting is that it would be nice if there was a way to roll back to a previous version of a plugin. That would make occurrences like this less painful.

#298181 Reply

tzundel

patlv23,

Yes, that is correct. I do want Subversion support. I want what I had Monday last week. It worked. It seems that my choices are:

1. Go without subversive support completely

2. Live with the constant error dialogs, and have it not work.

I’m certainly not a pulse expert, but shouldn’t this fancy new pulse thing offer the ability to choose certain ‘versions’ of plugins? Or is it simply “Throw in the latest?” Isn’t pulse being pushed as a “better” alternative. Shouldn’t it at least offer simple functionality like “Put in a certain version”, or even just “roll back”.

Joy, Thanks for the suggestion. I was worried that’s what you would say. But, if that’s the best I can do for now, that’s what I’ll do (I’m assuming that following your directions will completely remove Subversive from my system. oh well, I guess that’s how it needs to be for now.)

So, sometime today there will be a pulse update that will “fix this?” Thats great. I look forward to it.

Thanks,

tzundel

#298189 Reply

rmcvay

Base Eclipse used to have a Help/Software Updates/Manage Configuration dialog where you could revert to previously saved product configurations. Either that functionality has disappeared from Eclipse or it has been supplanted with a subset in MyEclipse.

#298193 Reply

tzundel

Hi Ray,

Yes, I remember that. That is one of the reasons why I’m assuming (hoping?) that this pulse based update manager does too. It seems odd to push a product that is less functional than the thing it replaces.

Support: is this planned? (perhaps for the Pulse update that is due today?)

Also for Support: If this is not planned for the near future, can you provide us with a listing of the directories and/or files that would need to be “backed up” incase we decide we want to manually roll-back? (e.g If I copy c:\Program Files\Genuitec\ to some backup location, and an upgrade hoses me, I could just put that directory back to what it was before the upgrade.)

The reason I ask is because I’m worried that there are MyEclipse files and directories, Pulse files and directories, and I vaguely remember something called a “pulse locator file” (or something like that).

If I could have a list of everything to backup, It would make me much less skittish about actually accepting any installs offered. (I guess Mac folks are lucky, just do a time-machine backup prior to accepting any upgrades)

Thanks,

tzundel

#298214 Reply

support-joy

tzundel and others,

Yesterday night a fix was rolled out with Pulse 2.4.2. To update to this fix. Open MyEclipse Dashboard, click on MyEclipse > Manage MyEclipse plugin. Select Pulse Services and Extensions -Version 2.4.2 and click on [Install] and [Finish]. You should be all set.

Ray,

Thanks for the suggestion. This functionality exists with ME 7.1.1. If you click on Help > Software Updates > Manage Configurations, it will open up Product Configurations Window. You can click on Revert to Previous link to revert back to the selected date’s configuration of MyEclipse.

#298223 Reply

tzundel

Hello Joy,

Thanks for the response:

Three Questions::

1. Okay, I did get the update of Pulse. It is still offering the 2.2.0 “Subversive” upgrade. Earlier in this thread (quoted below), you said that 2.2.0 would not work until MyEclipse 7.5. I’m (understandably) nervous about trying to install this again, and having it hose everything up again.

So, the 1st question is this: Did the pulse upgrade fix something so that I can now install this Subversive support? or do I still need to wait till MyEclipse 7.5?

Sorry for the late reply. Looks like the SVN update available on the dashboard is dependent on Eclipse 3.4.2. This will be addressed in our upcoming ME 7.5 release as it is based on Eclipse 3.4.2. Sorry for the inconvinience. Can you un-install the SVN update that is available on the MyEclipse dashboard and see if this solves your problem.

Inconvinience caused is sincerely regretted.

2. Regarding your suggestion to “roll back”: Quoted here:

This functionality exists with ME 7.1.1. If you click on Help > Software Updates > Manage Configurations, it will open up Product Configurations Window. You can click on Revert to Previous link to revert back to the selected date’s configuration of MyEclipse.

I don’t have that option on MyEclipse 7.1.1. It seems you guys removed it.

So the 2nd question is this: Is my install somehow hosed? Should it have this? If so, how do I get it (It is exactly what I want).

3. Here is the 3rd question: Can I get a list of directories, files, registry settings, etc. Whatever I need so I can do a manual backup of MyEclipse before I accept any upgrades? (Especially if we cannot get #2 to work)

Thanks,

tzundel

#298224 Reply

tzundel

Hello again Joy,

Just incase you need it, here is my installation details. If you want a screen shot showing that I don’t have “Help -> Software Updates -> Manage Configurations”, then I’ll be happy to provide it too.

*** Date:
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:20:34 AM MDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.5.0_11

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 7.1.1
    Build id: 7.1.1-20090310

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 7.1.1
    Build id: 7.1.1-20090310

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec_new\MyEclipse 7.1\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec_new\MyEclipse 7.1\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.101.R34x_v20080731\eclipse_1115.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec_new\MyEclipse 7.1\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20080819.jar
    -clean
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec_new\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jre.win32.x86_1.5.0.011\bin\client\jvm.dll

#298239 Reply

support-joy

tzundel,

Thank you for your Installation Details. Here are the answers to your questions –

1. Yes Pulse 2.4.2 fixed couple of issues including the subversion compatibility conflict. Refer https://www.poweredbypulse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935 for more details.
    2. Can you check Window > Customize Perspective. This will open Customized Perspective window. Select Commands tab. You should find an option – Software Updates. Select the checkbox for Software Updates and click on [OK]. This will add
    (a). Find and Install and
    (b) Manage Configuration to Help > Software Updates.
    3. You can take a back up of your workspace to save projects data, your myeclipse installation and common folder locations. I think you should be all set with option 2.

#298249 Reply

tzundel

Hi Joy,

Re #1. Great! I look forward to installing it and getting back to being productive.

Re #2: Uh, my version of MyEclipse 7.1.1 doesn’t have the options like you described. There simply is no “Software Updates” (Or anything that looks remotely like it)…

I can send you a screen shot if you need it. I’ve tried to customimze multiple perspectives, and it doesn’t appear in any of them. (Notably, I’ve checked with “Java” perspective, and “MyEclipse Java Enterprise” perspective, the ones I use the most… I’ve also tried a couple of other perspectives, it doesn’t seem to appear anywhere)

My install of MyEclipse is ‘stock’, as I’ve not installed *ANYTHING* other than upgrades straight from you guys. Nothing 3rd party at all.

So, the question is this: Is my version of MyEclipse somehow hosed? *SHOULD* I be seeing these options. I would sure love to have the option of rolling back to a previous version.

#3. Since we haven’t been able to get #2 to work (yet?), could I have a specific list of what needs to be backed up? I know about the workspaces, and the general MyEclipse stuff… I’m most concerned about things like “Pulse locator files” that seem to be in other places on the disk. Is there anything in the registry, etc.

(NOTE: If we get #2 to work, as you specified, I’ll not need #3)

So, How do I get the rollback option? My copy of MyEclipse simply doesn’t seem to have it.

Thanks,

tzundel

#298259 Reply

rmcvay

Ditto re the update config management. It’s not on the menu and it’s not in the customizer.

#298269 Reply

support-joy

tzundel, Ray,

Can you turn on Classic updates under window > prefs > general > capabilties and check if you are able to see 2 software updates. One of the software updates should display Manage Configuration.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
Reply To: Errors after Subversion Support 2.1.0 update

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in