facebook

Fragments with absolute pathnames not processed

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mvincelette

– System Setup ——————————-
    Operating System and version: WinXp
    Eclipse version: 3.1.0
    Eclipse build id: 200408122000
    Fresh Eclipse install (y/n): Y
    If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    Other installed external plugins: Log4E, Property File Editor, Syntax Coloring
    Number of plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*: 8
    MyEclipse version: 3.8.1 build 200408201200-3.8.1
    Eclipse JDK version: ?
    Application Server JDK version: j2sdk1.4.2_04
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? Y

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.debug 1 1 Sep 09, 2004 09:51:55.312
    !MESSAGE Sep 9, 2004 9:51:55 AM com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.jasper.compiler.Compiler ?

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.debug 1 1 Sep 09, 2004 09:51:55.312
    !MESSAGE SEVERE: Env: Compile: javaFileName=/C:/DOCUME~1/MVINCE~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/myeclipse-jspcc//org/apache/jsp\MyJsp_jsp.java

– Message Body ——————————-
    Notes about my setup: I have all my jsps in my root directory (webroot=”/”).

Take a simple jsp file:

<%@ include file="/WEB-INF/jspf/test.jspf"%>
    <%
    String test2 = test1;
    out.println(test2);
    %>

And an simple fragment file:

<%
    String test1 = "blueberries";
    %>

An error is marked in the right margin at the line “test2=test1”:

test1 cannot be resolved

If I change the include path to a relative path, the marker disappears. Note that this page loads fine in Tomcat – Tomcat resolves the fragment just fine, but MyEclipse cannot resolve variables defined in the fragment.

Also note that if I change the path to point to an actually non-existent file, Eclipse displays a different warning at the TOP LEFT of the editor:

File “/WEB-INF/jspf/test.jspfs” not found.

In this case the “test1 cannot be resolved” error does not show up (perpahs b/c the top-level error overrides it???). So it appears that MyEclipse recognizes the existence of the fragment file but does not interpret its contents.

#214916 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I was not able to reproduce this using absolute (/WEB-INF/jspf/test.jspf) or relative (WEB-INF/jspf/test.jspf) references to the include file. Here is what I did:

1) Create new Java Project
    2) Add web caps (leave webroot == /)
    3) Added servlet-api.jar and jsp-api.jar to build path from Tomcat
    4) Added MyJsp.jsp, copied in the content from your first code snippet above, saved file.
    5) Created jspf directory under WEB-INF
    6) Added include.jspf to that folder and made its contents the same as your 2nd code snippet above
    7) Went back to MyJsp.jsp and changed “test.jspf” to “include.jspf” and hit save.
    **8) I noticed an error lagginga round in the include.jspf file, so I did Project > Clean… and rebuilt my project and all errors disappeared.

Can you try these steps and see if it works for you?

#214962 Reply

mvincelette

Followed instructions exactly. I still get a red error bar in the right margin: test1 cannot be resolved. Again, this disappears if I change the path to a relative path (“WEB-INF/jspf/include.jspf”). There are no errors in the “problems” window, and no new errors in the .log file.

#214963 Reply

mvincelette

Also, there is no red “x” marker in the left-hand margin – just the error bar in the right-hand margin.

#214975 Reply

Riyad Kalla

After checking with one of the devs it seems the “absolute resolution” problem was a bug fixed in one of our quick fixes, do you have the 3rd one applied? http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-3514.html

Please follow the instructions carefully when installing the quickfix.

#215010 Reply

mvincelette

Yep, I was using QF3, did the -clean startup etc. (confirmed by checking using windows-preferences-myeclipse buildid). I just did a fresh install of both eclipse 3.1m1 and myeclipse 3.8.1+QF3 into new directories. Didn’t help.

If you can think of anything else I can try or tell you, please let me know.

#215015 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We would appreciate it if you could create a small project, zip it up and email it to support@genuitec.com with a reference to this thread so we can see what is going on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Fragments with absolute pathnames not processed

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in