facebook

Groovy support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

This message has not been recovered.

#284330 Reply

Riyad Kalla

If there are any plans to add Groovy/Grails support in MyEclipse

If the user demand for it increases we will evaluate adding support for it. Right now the requests have been kind of spotty though.

I think that you also have to work on the Spring and JUnit integration.

Spring is getting a full update for the 6.5 release. As far as JUnit integration, what do you mean specifically?

#284408 Reply

dynoweb

Another request here for Grails/Groovy support

#284473 Reply

Frank

Hello,

I have not yet renewed my subscription, because I need Grails and Groovy support in my ide.

Frank

#284503 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Frank,
    You can always add any 3rd party Grails/Groovy plugins to your MyEclipse install. We don’t have any solid plans right now to add Groovy/Grails in the 6.5 or 7.0 release at this time though (if that helps you make a renewal decision).

#284521 Reply

Frank

I’ll download the trial and see how it works form me.

Regards,

Frank

#287121 Reply

jsents

I would like to see some offical support too. We have just shifted all new web development to Grails.

#288035 Reply

barrina

We are also using grail + groovy. Support would be appreciated.

#289422 Reply

harrismic

Better support for Grails and Groovy is a critical IDE feature. We but are running into a roadblock because of lack of support for Grails/Groovy projects. Please consider adding this badly needed functionality.

Thank you.

#291050 Reply

Gary White

How can you possibly not add Groovy support? You will be left behind without it!

Come on and get with the plan!

Gary

#291266 Reply

doyle

Groovy and Grails would be a nice to have. The current groovy plugin does about 50% of what I need with the myeclipse plugin.

#291460 Reply

pretorius

Another vote for Groovy/Grails support. We are going to start a one year project using those tecnologies.

#293903 Reply

ajibarra

i don’t know why MyEclipse don’t release yet thats the community wants. We wants Groovy/Grails Support, we wants Struts2 support. You ever say “If the user demand for it increases we will evaluate adding support for it”, it’s not true.

#293939 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ajibarra,

Please understand, we have 100s of thousands of users… even if 20 want a new feature, we have to prioritize that work against 1000 other feature requests that are “must haves” for other groups of customers. It’s not an easy task.

#294869 Reply

gjf

Nothing to understand, alas. You have your priorities, we have ours. Mine, these days, is Grails; I’m using NetBeans; and I’m getting rather fond of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
Reply To: Groovy support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in