facebook

Hibernate Query Result properties are not available.

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

alf-kenneth

The following is a quote from a closed thread:

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/closed-hibernate-query-result-properties-not-available/

After executing HQL and generating a Query Result, I am clicking on the result object but the properties of the object are NOT visible in the “Properties” panel. How do you view the properties of a HQL Query Result object?

Im having the same problem as described in this thread – that I cannot see the properties from the result object. Even the results from a simple HQL such as “from PersonDO” does not show the properties of my PersonDO object.

Is this still a bug, or is there a workaround?

Im experiencing this problem with version 6.0.0 M1, build: 20070629-6.0.0-M1

(I’ve posted a reply to this, but since the thread was marked [Closed] and there was no reply, I’ve started a new thread).[url][/url]

#274319 Reply

Riyad Kalla

alf-kenneth,
    I sent your request to someone on our Hibernate team to take a look at.

#274334 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Kenneth,

Can you please confirm this for me:
    1) you execute “from PersonDO”
    2) You get a list of results in the results view
    3) You select a result
    4) Nothing appears in the properties view

Can you check your error log for any errors, both after execution and after you select a particular result? What does an example result item look like?
    Finally is PersonDO extended from any other class?

#274343 Reply

alf-kenneth

Hi Brian

Your bullets 1-3 are correct (except I execute “from PasientDO”).
    In bullet number 4, I can tell you that two properties are displayed in the properties view, called “Console configuration” and “Query string”. They have the following values:

* Console configuration: EreseptHibernate
    * Query string: from PasientDO

I’m not sure what you mean by “What does an example result item look like?”, but one row in the “Hibernate Query Result” view looks like “no.nav.eresept.common.domain.PasientDO@f4a3a1[pasientId=524]”.

And finally, yes, PasientDO is derived from another class, called DomainObject.

The following error is displayed in the error log after execution of the query AND after selecting a result in the results view (ie. the error occurs after selecting a result, there is no error immediately after the queyr is executed.):

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 0 2007-08-23 07:44:09.875
    !MESSAGE proxy was not associated with the session
    !STACK 0
    org.hibernate.TransientObjectException: proxy was not associated with the session
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.getEntityName(SessionImpl.java:1738)
    at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.views.properties.EntityPropertySource.<init>(EntityPropertySource.java:54)
    at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.views.properties.HibernatePropertySourceProvider.getPropertySource(HibernatePropertySourceProvider.java:57)

at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetEntry.getPropertySource(PropertySheetEntry.java:470)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetEntry.setValues(PropertySheetEntry.java:752)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetEntry.refreshValues(PropertySheetEntry.java:615)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetEntry.refreshChildEntries(PropertySheetEntry.java:568)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetEntry.setValues(PropertySheetEntry.java:760)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetViewer.setInput(PropertySheetViewer.java:943)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetPage.selectionChanged(PropertySheetPage.java:473)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheet.selectionChanged(PropertySheet.java:214)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.AbstractSelectionService.fireSelection(AbstractSelectionService.java:156)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.AbstractSelectionService$1.selectionChanged(AbstractSelectionService.java:62)
    at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.views.QueryPageTabView.fireSelectionChangedEvent(QueryPageTabView.java:173)
    at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.views.QueryPageViewer.tableDoubleClicked(QueryPageViewer.java:231)
    at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.views.QueryPageViewer.access$0(QueryPageViewer.java:226)
    at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.views.QueryPageViewer$3.selectionChanged(QueryPageViewer.java:220)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer$2.run(Viewer.java:162)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:857)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:46)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:193)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer.fireSelectionChanged(Viewer.java:160)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.updateSelection(StructuredViewer.java:2047)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleSelect(StructuredViewer.java:1138)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1168)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$3(OpenStrategy.java:221)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3682)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3293)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:153)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:504)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Query Result properties are not available.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in