facebook

Hibernate Tools Disabled / Not Available in new MyEclipse M2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chgraham

Hello MyEclipse Support:

I see that (“HTs”) Hibernate Tools (the Console, the HQL Query Editor, etc.) are not available in the new Milestone 2 release.

Now, I don’t care so much that (AFAIK) you (i.e., the web site) indicated that HTs were going to be in M2, or that HTs is in the relase but has been disabled (as it appears).

What is a problem, though, is that I can’t get a working HTs at all now because the disto from hibernate.org doesn’t work when using MyEclipse M2…

Can HTs be made to work with the latest development build of MyEclipse and, if not, when will HTs be availabe?

[ I should note also that, in my experience, HTs is a ever-buggy cow-patty, but it does manage to let me see the result of the odd HQL query… :-() ]

#243274 Reply

Brian Fernandes

chgraham,

The HQL query editor was something that we dropped from this release due to technical reasons. There is a decent chance that we will be looking at reintegrating it for the next release.

I assume that is what you’re missing from Hibernate Tools? We have beefed up the mapping file generation capabilites and added a mapping file editor in additon to the config file editor which we had already.
    Do you require the hibernate console for anything in particular? Please let us know if you’d like to see something else or if there is a spot we’ve missed.

Unfortunately it will not be possible to install Hibernate Tools for the same eclipse instance primarily becuase the WTP version that we use conflicts with theirs. This is not a new issue and has always been the case, HT will not be compatible with any of our earlier releases either.

Do let us know if you need further clarification,
    Best,
    Brian.

#243276 Reply

chgraham

Yes, what I find really useful is the ability to try out HQL queries painlessly, which is what Hibernate Tools allows (when it works).

I’d love to see MyEclipse provide this capability and I bet many others would as well.

#243277 Reply

Brian Fernandes

We agree that the HQL query editor is useful, thank you for your feedback.
    As I said earlier, we will try to put it into the next release but no date for this feature has been set yet.

Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Tools Disabled / Not Available in new MyEclipse M2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in