facebook

How do I remove Hibernate capabilities from a project?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bsavardnok

Hi.
    How do I remove Hibernate capabilities from a project? I’ve looked through the menus and can’t find it – maybe I missed it.

Thanks.

#254256 Reply

Haris Peco

bsavard,

No, it isn’t possible programmatic.It’s possible manual, but it’s sensitive operation and you can
    break your project

Best regards

#254279 Reply

bsavardnok

Let me make sure I understand this: once I’ve added them to the project, I can’t remove Hibernate, JSTL, Struts, Tapestry, or Spring capabilities from my project without breaking it? And you’re not going to tell me how to do it?? I guess I’m on my own to figure it out…..

So why are you spending time putting junk like “Expanded Flexiproject support” (which got .4% of the user feature vote) into 5.0 when I can’t do something simple like remove something you guys let me add??

You guys should stop spending time adding useless features until you can make the ones you already have work well!

#254308 Reply

Riyad Kalla

bsavard,
    While snpe’s answer was *technically* correct I realize that’s not what you were gunning for. The short of why we don’t currently have individual remove operations for the capabilities is a bit of a historic one. There wasn’t a clear cut boundry dividing what we remove and what we don’t remove. Since we first added capabilities we’ve had this talk over and over again and I believe internally we’ve come to a consensus that removing capabilities will be nothing more than removing the nature from the .project file. We don’t try and be smart about it and remove config files, JAR files or anything like that because half the time the users will want those and half the time they won’t.

So to answer your question, pop open your navigator view, you can erase your .myhibernatedata file, then open your .project file and remove the HibernateBuilder entry at the end of the build list, and remove the hibernatenature from the natures section. Save the file and close and reopen your project.

But as far as we *should* provide remove-capabilities operations, you are absolutely right. I’m going to bring this up again in our meeting this week. I think it’s something that just atrophied off our radar because the demand wasn’t constant, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be there.

#254532 Reply

bsavardnok

rkalla, thank you for your honest reply. Your directions worked – but I also had to go into project properties and manually remove all the jars from the libraries tab of the Java Build Path section.
    Removing the jars is not the big a deal – I can pretty well identify which ones to manually remove. What DOES need to get removed automatically are the entries in any config files because that’s what’s causing me to have about 30 entries show up in the ‘problems’ view.

#254533 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Just a little update on this, I believe internally we are all on the same page that capabilities moving forward need to become remove-able. Likely won’t make it into 5.0 GA, but when we sync the layout and presentation of all the capabilities comming in releases after 5.0, we should make them removeable then.

I like how we currently do it when removing the Web capabilities, it shows you what it is going to do then you can either decide to accept that or not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: How do I remove Hibernate capabilities from a project?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in