facebook

How to add new customized javabeans to Matisse Palette?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Buddha123

It’s easy to add a new javabean to Palette in Netbeans. But I can’t add a new bean to Matisse Palette in MyEclipse.
    How can I add beans to MyMatisse?

#251618 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This functionality hasn’t been exposed yet for technical resaons, we are working on resolving them soon, no ETA yet.

#251948 Reply

aharvey

Any updates on this? It should would be nice to be able to add my custom beans to the paletter. I have one that is itching to go.

#251952 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry for the delay, no updates just yet. The M4M team continues to work on Milestone 2 and I’ve made it abundently clear that this feature is *necessary*. They are good guys, they’ll get it in soon.

#251969 Reply

aharvey

I am writing an applet and started out using MyEclipse/Matisse and found it to be useless without this feature. Adding beans to the form by hand defeats the purpose I think. Please keep us posted on an ETA.

#252629 Reply

tekwojenski

I would like to write my own plugin to extend the Matisse Palette with my own javabeans. I understand that you are currently working on doing this via the GUI, but any plans on exposing this functionality via the plugin.xml file?

I’m able to add javabeans to VE (Visual Editor) with:

<extension point="org.eclipse.ve.java.core.contributors">
      <palette  container="MY_CONTAINER"
        categories="palette/xttvisualbeanscats.xmi" loc="last">
      </palette>
    </extension>

and the xttvisualbeanscats.xmi file that defines the javabeans. I’m really looking to run away from VE as fast as I can 🙂 But will you be able to provide some similar extenation APIs?

Thanks

Tek

#253389 Reply

wihsy

Hello,

is it planned to support custom javabeans in Matisse for the final version of MyEclipse 5.0 ?

Greetings,
    Michael

#253453 Reply

sicflex

Boomer!, i’ve decided to go with MyEclipse, did not consider Matisse as a primary feature, but when start using it, could not add my own components to palette (which is easily done in Netbeans 5). So I have to change manually the class. Anyway, since you guys has done a terrific job on the other features, I know that you’ll come out with a proper approach to this matter. Only hope that it would be soon.

#254392 Reply

wihsy

@support:

@wihsy wrote:

Hello,

is it planned to support custom javabeans in Matisse for the final version of MyEclipse 5.0 ?

Greetings,
    Michael

I need this information because I’m using JavaBeans and we are deceding currently what IDE is used for the next projects.

Greetings,
    Michael

#254457 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys I just got a reply back from management that there was a major technical hurdle that caused this functionality not to be included in the Milestone 2 release but it seems we might have overcome that hurdle with a very robust solution. They are going to *try* to get this in GA, but still unsure at this point if when they get down to the coding if it will be a problem or all come together. I’ll try and keep you posted.

#255739 Reply

aharvey

I’m skeptical as to how useful Matisse would be without the ability to place user-defined beans on the palette. I was forced to use NetBeans instead.

#255745 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This will make it into the GA release.

#256279 Reply

fabgp2001

@support-rkalla wrote:

This will make it into the GA release.

How it is added custom components em GA?

Regards

Fabio

#256341 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Fabio,
    Click on the down arrow in the top right corner of the palette, select “Manage Palette” then add Widget is probably what you want.

#256343 Reply

support-jed
    Keymaster

To add a bean to the Matisse palette select the action in the palette view’s pulldown menu. A popup will appear where you can add beans or forms.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
Reply To: How to add new customized javabeans to Matisse Palette?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in