facebook

How to add new customized javabeans to Matisse Palette?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

fabgp2001

Hi,

Tanks!!

Fabio

#256424 Reply

tcrucy

Hi.

Finally it’s there!
    Just some suggestions pour future improvements:
    -Netbeans enables to get the beans from a Jar
    -Netbeans handles bean infos and provides and icon in the toolbar.

Those ideas are minor inasmuch as Matisse is finally fully usable with Eclipse with the custom widget support. Neverless, those changes make Matisse easier to use.

Tybo

#256487 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tybo,
    Great suggestions I will file them.

#270025 Reply

Tadpole_20

Hi i am new to MyEclipse and have downloaded 5.1.1 version a lot of times and even changed the workspace but the dropdown on the Palette window doesn’t appear. I am not seeing “Manage Palette” option, on the Paletted window.

Please let me know if i am looking at right place and what my options are. I am using win2000 machine with service pack 4.

#270026 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tadpole,
    Are you using the all-in-one installer and making sure to install to a brand new directory that doesn’t exist? So far when we’ve seen this issue it’s *always* been an installation issue.

#270039 Reply

Tadpole_20

I have installed it in a different directory, first I was installing under Program Files/My Eclipse/ide….

Later on I tried installing it under C:/My Eclipse/ide..

The Drop down on the palette window doesn’t show up.

Thanks
    -Vikas

#270049 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Vikas,
    Sorry to nag the issue, but just so I’m clear, you were using the All In One (Full Stack) installer to do that right?

#270050 Reply

Tadpole_20

Riyad

I have used all in one installer version 5.1.1 (full stack version) MyEclipse_5.1.1GA_FullStackInstaller.exe

Thanks

#270483 Reply

zdary

Hello,
    I have the same problem. I don’t see any possibility how to add my bean to matisse palette. Is there any manual?
    thanks

#270498 Reply

Riyad Kalla

zdary,
    You use the drop down arrow in the Palette while you are in the Matisse Perspective. If you don’t have a down arrow, then your installation is corrupted in some way… we aren’t sure what causes it, but we’ve seen clean installs fix the issue over and over again… it’s very odd.

#285300 Reply

wcdave

Is there a document that walks one thru adding a bean to the Matisse Palette? I have Version: 6.0.1 GA Build id: 6.0.1-GA-200710 and am having trouble with this process.

#285396 Reply

Riyad Kalla

wcdave,
    The steps are covered in the Matisse document here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/m4m/#custom

but there is only one way to add custom components and if that isn’t working for you, the most common reason it would fail is not having a default no-arg constructor that the designer can use to instantiate your gui component.

#285403 Reply

wcdave

This documentation seems to mention only custom forms and not custom beans Is there no document that walks you thru adding a bean (which has already be properly created) to Matisse?

#285410 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Oh, just click “Add Widget” instead of Add Form, then you can specify a class instead of a .form file.

#285429 Reply

wcdave

I see a bean icon and when I click on it it asks for a class which I then type in, include the package name, and click OK and nothing happens. All I did was extend JPanel and added a no arg constructor for the class. In the above message you’re saying I should add the class as a widget which then goes under the Custom Folder and not the Bean Folder. I have done as you recommend and then I see a new entry under “Custom” with the name of my class. When I try to drag/drop it onto a form…nothing happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
Reply To: How to add new customized javabeans to Matisse Palette?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in