facebook

How to add new customized javabeans to Matisse Palette?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Can you use File > Export and export your project to a ZIP then email it to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad, I’ll take a look at it for you.

NOTE: Please include a link to this forum so I have a reference point.

#285587 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Dave,
    I received your project but it cannot be compiled and I’m missing a few libraries from the build path and the Gfx project.

Do I have all the projects/code to reproduce the problem? Keep in mind I am trying to reproduce the problem you are seeing, so I need the correct projects/code and instructions on how to do that. (it might require exporting a few projects so I can build these and then tell me which bean you are trying to add)

#285609 Reply

wcdave

Actually you really don’t need anything but that one class that extends JPanel. I was simply trying to add that class as a bean (TestPanel.java I think the name was) It may be that I simply don’t understand what constitutes a bean.

#285610 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Your build path for that project looks like it has some errors. Either a blank /src dir that doesn’t resolve or a duplicate/unresolved library reference, that’s why it’s failing to DnD that JPanel into the Frame.

Once I fixed that (removed stray source dir) I dnd’d the panel onto the frame (I made it 100×100 and red)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #285617 Reply

wcdave

Ok that’s interesting…let me play with it and I will let you know how I make out…thx!

#285618 Reply

wcdave

@support-rkalla wrote:

Your build path for that project looks like it has some errors. Either a blank /src dir that doesn’t resolve or a duplicate/unresolved library reference, that’s why it’s failing to DnD that JPanel into the Frame.

Once I fixed that (removed stray source dir) I dnd’d the panel onto the frame (I made it 100×100 and red)

Here is what my project looks like. The src directory is completely legit from the looks of things:
    ” alt=””>

#285638 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Oh that looks fine, just the copy of the project I got had some squirrelyness in the build path. Open the project properties and go to Java Build Path, check all the tabs and make sure there aren’t any error markers.

#285641 Reply

wcdave

@support-rkalla wrote:

Oh that looks fine, just the copy of the project I got had some squirrelyness in the build path. Open the project properties and go to Java Build Path, check all the tabs and make sure there aren’t any error markers.

” alt=””>

#285663 Reply

Riyad Kalla

hmm…. everything looks kosher.

Try and open Window > Show VIew > Other > PDE > Errors, and click the red “X” to clear all the errors, then try and add the component then DnD it… do you get an exception logged?

#285680 Reply

wcdave

I cleared all the errors and then tried DnD of my custom TestPanel which I created in the Palette Mgr by adding a new widget then selecting my TestPanel class. The drag and drop did not work and I got NO exceptions or any other messages logged in the PDE Runtime error log. The remains empty.

#285681 Reply

wcdave

When I tried the DnD absolutely nothing happened. Nothing was being dragged to drop. I am able to DnD the existing/non-custom components.

#285739 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jeez this is really strange… honestly the only thing I can think to do is have you send me all the projects so what I get from you builds completely, without any errors, and I’ll try and debug what is going on.

#285748 Reply

ejarosek
    Participant

I am having the same issue…I created a project, created a bean but am unable to add a Custom Bean. When I load the .form in Netbeans I can add the bean with no issues but in eclipse I am unable to.

When I add the bean from Netbeans it adds the following code to my .form file:

<NonVisualComponents>
        <Component class="com.renovo.visitation3.settings.DatabaseSettingsBean" name="databaseSettingsBean1">
        </Component>
    </NonVisualComponents>

After adding the bean from Netbeans and then reloading in eclipse the bean is now available under “Other Components” but lists as [Invalid Component].

I am running 6.01.

#285772 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ejarosek,
    Would you be able to put together a small example project and email it to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad with a link to this thread? Then I can see what is going on (be sure to include instructions on how to reproduce the issue)

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
Reply To: How to add new customized javabeans to Matisse Palette?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in