facebook

HTML Syntax validator

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

hpurandare

Hi,

I’m using Eclipse ver3.2.0 with Myeclipse ver 5.1.0
    I use Ant for compilation and deployment of the project.

After starting Eclipse, if I compile and deploy the app using Ant for first couple of times, it does it with no problem.

If I compile and deploy the app 3-4 times, the HTML Syntax validator keeps on running. It creates a seperate thread.
    It does not allow to view any files or do anything while its running.

Even if you kill javaw.exe for Eclipse, the thread created by HTML syntax validator does not get killed.
    This happens very frequently.

Is there any way to switch off this validator?

Thanks,
    Himanshu

#265185 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m using Eclipse ver3.2.0 with Myeclipse ver 5.1.0

You really should be using Eclipse 3.2.1. MyEclipse 5.1.0 was built ontop of 3.2.1 and there were some changes in the underlying platform that manifest themselves as strange behavior when you mismatch the two.

If I compile and deploy the app 3-4 times, the HTML Syntax validator keeps on running. It creates a seperate thread.
    It does not allow to view any files or do anything while its running.

That sounds very strange… could be related to the Eclipse mismatch, but it’s hard to tell.

Is there any way to switch off this validator?

Yes you can turn this off per-project under your project settings then MyEclipse > Validator, or you can turn it off at the workbench level.

#265201 Reply

hpurandare

Thanks for your reply and sorry for writing a wrong version of Eclipse. The Eclipse version is 3.2.1

What I’m more concerned is that the seperate thread created by the HTML validator. It occupies almost equal amount of memory as of Eclispe.
    Also, sometimes, it does not get killed even if you kill Eclipse thread.

Turning the validator off is just a temporary solution but if you want to use it, its behaviour makes it difficult to use it.

#265203 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What I’m more concerned is that the seperate thread created by the HTML validator. It occupies almost equal amount of memory as of Eclispe.
    Also, sometimes, it does not get killed even if you kill Eclipse thread.

Turning the validator off is just a temporary solution but if you want to use it, its behaviour makes it difficult to use it.

I should have clarified that I cannot reproduce a behavior like this. The validators are run in-process to the Eclipse’s VM, so I don’t know how you could be able to tell that it is using the same amount of memory or space as the Eclipse process. On windows this will all show as “javaw.exe”

Unless you have another means at monitoring threads inside of a Java VM? (are you using a Sun analysis tool?)

#267384 Reply

yywang

I have the same problem with eclipse-SDK-3.2.2-win32 and myeclipse 5.1.1GA. Have you solve the problem?

yaguang

#267385 Reply

Riyad Kalla

yaguang,
    Do you have a reproducible page that the validator gets hung on that you would be able to share with me?

#269245 Reply

rbalacha

Hi – I have a similar issue with the html validator. The validation is kicked off as part of the project building when I start up MyEclipse and seems to be running in its own thread. The validation does not complete inspite of cancelling it and the project building waits for the vaidation to complete and the only way to get out of this situation is to force eclipse to quit (kill). I am using eclipse 3.2.2 and MyEclipse 5.1.1 GA on Debian

#269253 Reply

Riyad Kalla

rbalacha,
    For the time being you can disable the HTML validator from the project menu under MyEclipse > Validation.

Do you have a sample HTML page that hangs the HTML validator that you would be able to share with us?

#269338 Reply

rbalacha

Thanks for your response.

The HTML validation blocks any other user operation and hence it is not possible to make any changes to the workspace or project settings (including turning off the validation settings). The only way to exit out of this situation , as I mentioned before is to force a kill on the Eclipse process. The files the validator is trying to validate are a few simple JSP files. I was able to get over the problem by recreating my projects in a new workspace. I am still able to reproduce this problem in the original workspace.

#269370 Reply

Riyad Kalla

But the issue has gone away in a new workspace?

#271699 Reply

Steve

No. I created a new workspace, new project and imported the jsp. HTML Validaor process started and cannot be stopped unless you kill javaw. This is making eclipse unusable. Is there a fix?

#271705 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aquabay,
    Please post your information from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details, this should not be occurring obviously.

#272920 Reply

eburgel

Hi
    I’ve got the sample problem.
    I’ve tested with diffrents memory/jvm configuration, the problem remain the same.

Here is my last configuration details:

*** Date:
    jeudi, 19. juillet 2007 18.29. h CEST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.6.0_01

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 5.1.0 GA
    Build id: 20061111-5.1.0-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.0
    Build id: M20060629-1905

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-GNq6oQq-7es-Y81

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-AgOexn6hlEUsvBO

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-F7snq1fxia-Z4XP

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m——6zXJJzJzJq

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.0.v20060626
    Build id: 20060921-1617

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-SVDNgVrNoh-MeGG

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.1.v20060921
    Build id: 20060921-1617

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    70c_80
    -vm
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\javaw.exe

#272937 Reply

Riyad Kalla

eburgel,
    There are a few things I could see that are the problem. First and foremost I’d suggest grabbing JDK 1.5.0_11 or later and running MyEclipse with that instead of using JDK 6.

#272952 Reply

eburgel

Ok, I’ve uninstalled eclipse, and reinstalled with the “ALL in ONE” package for windows.
    The problem remains…
    But, I think that It could be due to the fact that, in the WebRoot of my project, there is a link to jsp pages belonging to an another projet (a library).
    When compiling my project, the library is compiled at the same time. Maybe there is a “deadlock” on pages that are validated in the library, and the same pages through the link on my projet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
Reply To: HTML Syntax validator

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in