facebook

Infinite loop building workspace (validating Spring beans)

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

This morning I upgraded MyEclipse to version 4.0.1.

Since then it has been trying to rebuild the workspace. Half way through it begins validating Spring beans, displaying messages like:
    Validating properties of bean “someDaoTarget”.
    It cycles through my spring beans – apparantly indefinetly.
    It occationally displays other messages like “Validating references…”, “Validating bean…”, “Validating constructor…”, but they disappear again too fast for me to read.

This started when I removed a .jar file from the build path, thereby triggering the rebuild.
    Since then I have restarted eclipse with the -clean option, and done a Project | Clean (Clean all projects).
    Same result.

The Eclipse version is 3.1.0, Build id: I20050627-1435, and I’m running it on Win XP Pro 5.1 SP2.

#238623 Reply

I cannot reproduce it but I filed the bug report anyway.
    How persistent is this problem? Does it go away after you restart the workspace? Were the beans classes in that Jar?

#238624 Reply

As a walkaround you can disable the “MyEclipse Spring Project Builder” in the project properties/Builders.

Do you have multiple config files?

#238632 Reply

The problem is very persistent. As I said, I restarted the workspace (with -clean), and that didn’t change anything.

There were no bean classes in the .jar I removed (I replaced Tapestry 4 beta7 jars with -beta9 jars).

I found another workaround – I simply went back to MyEclipse 4.0.0.

Yes, I do have several Spring bean configuration files – one with most of my (shared) beans, and several others, for more specific purposes, which all imports the shared configuration.

#238633 Reply

I will continue investigations and will keep you posted.

#238634 Reply

Does that project have any other project natures? (Tapestry, for instance) Can you check if it has any other builders except Java and Spring builders?

#238639 Reply

Actually, I think I was wrong about exactly what triggered the first rebuild. I did delete the Tapestry .jars as i wrote, but that was from another project.

Anyway, here is the .project file from the project with the Sping bean configurations it keeps validating.

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <projectDescription>
    <name>bs400</name>
    <comment></comment>
    <projects>
    <project>astra</project>
    <project>synon2hbm</project>
    </projects>
    <buildSpec>
    <buildCommand>
    <name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
    <buildCommand>
    <name>org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.springbuilder</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
    <buildCommand>
    <name>com.ibm.etools.validation.validationbuilder</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
    </buildSpec>
    <natures>
    <nature>org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.springnature</nature>
    <nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
    </natures>
    </projectDescription>

#238641 Reply

Thank you for your help. This information will prove useful for replicating the problem.

#238647 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

clanie,

We’re having a difficult time replicating the issue. Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context to help us out. Also, would it be possible to send us this project, or a stripped down version that replicates the issue? If you create a new workspace with only the problem project in it, does it also validate circularly?

#238656 Reply

I have made a new workspace with just the problematic project + another project containing its dependencies.
    It still results in circular validation.

I’ll send you a copy of my workspace if you tell me where to send it (preferably via FTP – its quite large, so I don’t know if I can email it).

Here are the answers to the questions in your “Posting Gudelines”:

What operating system and version are you running?
    Windows XP Pro Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519: Service Pack 2)

What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform)
    Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: I20050627-1435

Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse?
    Yes
    If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager? n/a
    Are any other external plugins installed? no

How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*
    $ ls -d org.eclipse.pde.*
    org.eclipse.pde.build_3.1.0 org.eclipse.pde.runtime_3.1.0.jar
    org.eclipse.pde.core_3.1.0.jar org.eclipse.pde.source_3.1.0
    org.eclipse.pde.doc.user_3.1.0 org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.1.0.jar
    org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime_3.1.0

What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features)
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.ast (4.0.1) “MyEclipse Application Server Tooling”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.bugzilla (4.0.0) “MyEclipse Bugzilla Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.core (4.0.1) “MyEclipse Core Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.database (4.0.1) “MyEclipse Database Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.enterprise.workbench (4.0.1) “MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.help (4.0.1) “MyEclipse Help Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.hibernate (4.0.1) “MyEclipse Hibernate Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.jsf (4.0.1) “MyEclipse JSF Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.jspdesign (4.0.1) “MyEclipse JSP Design Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.platform (4.0.0) “MyEclipse Base Platform Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.spring (4.0.1) “MyEclipse Spring Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.struts (4.0.1) “MyEclipse Struts Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.tapestry (4.0.0) “MyEclipse Tapestry / Spindle Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.uml (4.0.1) “MyEclipse UML Feature”
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.wdt (4.0.1) “MyEclipse Web Development Feature”
    org.eclipse.jdt (3.1.0) “Eclipse Java Development Tools”
    org.eclipse.jdt.source (3.1.0) “Eclipse Java Development Tools SDK”
    org.eclipse.pde (3.1.0) “Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment”
    org.eclipse.pde.source (3.1.0) “Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment Developer Resources”
    org.eclipse.platform (3.1.0) “Eclipse Platform”
    org.eclipse.platform.source (3.1.0) “Eclipse Platform Plug-in Developer Resources”
    org.eclipse.rcp (3.1.0) “Eclipse RCP”
    org.eclipse.rcp.source (3.1.0) “Eclipse RCP Plug-in Developer Resources”
    org.eclipse.sdk (3.1.0) “Eclipse Project SDK”

What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version)
    java version “1.5.0_04”
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_04-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_04-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

What JDK version are you using to launch your application server?
    (same as above, but not really relevant)

What steps did you take that resulted in the issue?
    Rebuild the project (Project | Clean)

What application server are you using?
    (Tomcat 5.5)

Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? (<workspace>/.metadata/.log)
    In another project I am using Tapestry 4. In the log file there are tons of errors regarding Spindle and Tapestry, but as far as I can see, there is nothing regarding Spring or the problematic project.

#238658 Reply

Just checked the log file in the new workspace. There are several messages about snippets being installed, but other than that it is empty. Here it is:

!SESSION 2005-10-04 16:31:27.572 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
    java.version=1.5.0_04
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_DK
    Command-line arguments: -data C:\java\myeclipse4_0_1_test_workspace -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.103
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\css_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.166
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\forms_lists_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.213
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\htmlform_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.259
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\html_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.322
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\javascript_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.384
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\jsf_f_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.463
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\jsf_h_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.525
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\struts_bean_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.634
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\struts_html_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.791
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\struts_logic_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2005-10-04 16:31:38.869
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: c:\java\MyEclipse_4_0_for_3_1\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_4.0.1\snippets\struts_tiles_snippets.xml

#238662 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

OK, looks like it’s something with the dependent project configuration.

I’ll send you a copy of my workspace if you tell me where to send it (preferably via FTP – its quite large, so I don’t know if I can email it).

The whole workspace will be too large. However, can you just export the two projects into a zip file and send via email instead? That should get the size down quite a bit. If that fails for some reason, we’ll look at other ways to get it to us. The email address is support@genuitec.com. In the email, can you also include ATTN: Eugene and the URL of this thread so we can follow back up to it? Thanks for the help running this down!

#238700 Reply

OK, I’ve mailed you a couple of my projects – hope it helps.

#238701 Reply

Thank you. We will keep you posted.

#238821 Reply

Cyrus

FYI, I am also experiencing this exact problem. I cannot send you the spring config because of banking rules, but I can say that we are not using Tapestry. We are using Hibernate, IBatis and EhCache, and only one config file.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Infinite loop building workspace (validating Spring beans)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in