facebook

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rateoty

hello,

i have a web application which throws this error (full trace below) when I call a findByName method on a DAO. The DAOs are generated by MyEclipse as described in the Hibernate Tutorial.

When I test my class UserManager (where the find method is invoked) from a java appliction instead of the web application, anything works fine. So I guess sth. is missed in the deployment.
    I tried to deploy to tomcat5.5.23 and tomcat6.0.13 – all the same.

my system is:
    fedora6 linux, java 1.6.0.1
    MyEclipse
    Version: 5.1.1
    Build id: 20070302-5.1.1-GA
    Eclipse SDK
    Version: 3.2.2
    Build id: M20070212-1330

regards Jürgen
    ————————————————————————————————————
    Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
    at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:57)
    at org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:124)
    at org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:56)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createConnectionProvider(SettingsFactory.java:366)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:60)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:1881)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1174)
    at de.jwille.db.HibernateSessionFactory.rebuildSessionFactory(HibernateSessionFactory.java:60)
    at de.jwille.db.HibernateSessionFactory.getSession(HibernateSessionFactory.java:43)
    at de.jwille.db.data.BaseHibernateDAO.getSession(BaseHibernateDAO.java:15)
    at de.jwille.db.data.UserDAO.findByProperty(UserDAO.java:82)
    at de.jwille.db.data.UserDAO.findByName(UserDAO.java:96)
    at de.jwille.db.helper.UserManager.createUser(UserManager.java:243)
    at web.user.action.CreateUserAction.execute(CreateUserAction.java:46)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:261)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:581)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

#271384 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Hi,
    Are you using MySQL? What is the name of the driver JAR and driver class you are using?
    If you are using the debug version of the driver (usually suffixed with “-g”), then try using the normal version. Additionally, you may need to deploy the file aspectjrt.jar which should be available in the MySQL driver distribution.

Let us know how it goes.

#271462 Reply

rateoty

hello,

yes, its mysql.

I’ve had both drivers deployed. i removed the debug version and now it works. thanks.
    The file aspectjrt.jar does not exist in the ymsql driver distro, but since my problem is solved..

regards Jürgen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in