facebook

Java Update for Mac OSX

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

elee

Apple released a developer’s preview of Java 5 for 10.4.I haven’t tried the myeclipse features.. but I also use WindowsBuilder and it seems like it fixed the issues and I can now use WindowsBuilder on the Mac whereas before it would keep crashing. According the release notes.. it fixed some issues with the swt-awt bridge.. I have not had a chance to test the features of myeclipse yet…

NOTE – I believe it only allows for awt embeded in swt and not the other way around yet..

according ot the release notes :

1 – Improved SWT compatibility with the SWT_AWT bridge in Eclipse 3.2RC3 and later (J2SE 5.0 only). See the Eclipse documentation for details on how to use this library in your SWT application.
    2 – ( 4548747 ) Integrate SWT support
    3 – ( 4698426 ) Crash running application in Eclipse using SWT_AWT bridge
    4 – This release includes SWT compatibility libraries that were available on the Apple Developer Connection website. If you installed those libraries, they are removed and superceded by the libraries in this release.

So maybe they fixed some of the bugs so we can at least get something working 🙂

#262989 Reply

elee

Ok.. so.. the million dollar question.. How do I enable Matisse support on MyEclipseIDE so I can test to see if this latest java fix works?

Thanks!

#263205 Reply

batsonjay

Or, another million dollar question: What does this do to the “No UML on OS X” problem?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Java Update for Mac OSX

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in