facebook

JDBC Driver Issue

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Greetings,

We use a “custom” JDBC Driver for accessing our data source. It is called OpenA and some issues occur when using the DB Explorer (MyEclipse). I can only speculate that the Driver information is not “refreshed” after each query. What I am looking for is information that I can provide to the developer of the driver on how to rectify the issue, assuming this is the problem.

For example, when a query has a syntax error and is executed, there is an error message. Should another issue exist after the original is resolved, the same message is displayed. If I reconnect, the proper message is displayed.

Another example is provided when the driver returns a message that refers to “No Free Table Slot”. This occurs when the MAX TABLES IN SELECT value is exceeded. The issue is that I am runnning a query that has 7 tables in the from list, and the message occurs when I run the query the 6th time. (The MAX is set to 36)….

I am not sure what the developer is doing in the Driver. Perhaps there are static references that are not being reset or should not be static…or maybe I am completely wrong in assuming that the DB Explorer gets a new Connection everytime a query is executed?

Please advise…

Christopher McCauley

#262537 Reply

Haris Peco

Christopher,

For example, when a query has a syntax error and is executed, there is an error message. Should another issue exist after the original is resolved, the same message is displayed. If I reconnect, the proper message is displayed.

Another example is provided when the driver returns a message that refers to “No Free Table Slot”. This occurs when the MAX TABLES IN SELECT value is exceeded. The issue is that I am runnning a query that has 7 tables in the from list, and the message occurs when I run the query the 6th time. (The MAX is set to 36)….

This is driver problem.DB Explorer return error message when it get error from JDBC driver.It tested with a lot driver and works appropriate.

I am not sure what the developer is doing in the Driver. Perhaps there are static references that are not being reset or should not be static…or maybe I am completely wrong in assuming that the DB Explorer gets a new Connection everytime a query is executed?

Db Explorer use same connection until you call reconnect.

Regards,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: JDBC Driver Issue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in