facebook

JSP Compilation Validation vs JSP Editor Reconciler Errors

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

TR,
    One of the devs got back to me on this problem and there is no quick fix for it. Essentially ME is using Jasper 2.0 (same as Tomcat) internally for all compilation and error checking, HOWEVER, the reconciler that runs real-time in the editor is from IBM’s Web Tools… while this is all well and good, it seems you have discovered an impass where one compiled (Jasper) says there is no problem and while the other compiler (Websphere’s) says there is.

Sure enouhg if you deploy the page with invisible errosr to Tomcat, it works fine, where as it is the dev’s bet that if you deployed it to Websphere it would not work as it does not meet the requirements of that compiler.

We are keeping the bug open and hope to address it in the future, but it won’t be part of the forthcomming quick fix. Ironically in the past when we had our own JSP editor/compiler that followed the specification to a “T”, we were unindated with “But it works in Tomcat!” complaints, which we saw as valid concerns. Now that we are onpar with Tomcat, the editors we inherited from WTP are using IBM’s validators that don’t seem to see eye-to-eye with Jasper.

Either way we’ll figure something out soon.

#213345 Reply

Terry Roe

Riyad,

Whew! This was driving me nuts, so I’m glad that you guys have found the problem. I can live with things the way they are for a while, but I’ll be looking forward to a fix for this.

Thanks for all your help!

TR

#213346 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thank you for hanging in there and helping us run this down.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
Reply To: JSP Compilation Validation vs JSP Editor Reconciler Errors

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in