facebook

JSP Editor – Problem in plain Java Projects

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

timatracy

When I set up the project, I connected to CVS via the CVS explorer and setup the branch I needed to access. I then right-clicked on the branch and selected “Check out as…” to create a new project with all of the code in the CVS branch. The project which was created was not a “web” project. This appears to be the critical piece.

Today, I created a web project, then went through the process again, this time specifying that I wanted to check the CVS branch out to an existing project, rather than a new one, and selected my web project.

I can now open up the JSP file without a problem.

So, in summary, the problem appears to be that I had a standard Java project, not a “web” project.

Thanks for your help.

#214238 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tim thank you for following up with us, I’m glad it is working now. We are aware of limitations when using the JSP editor in normal projects and appreciate the detailed feedback.

#227144 Reply

Hi ,

I just had the same error when opening a JSP which the previous day had opened fine. On searching the forums I came across this post so I was just about to add the webroot into the source path as suggested and I found I had a source path that was invalid (I had moved a folder and had forgotten to adjust the source paths). I fixed the incorrect source path and the problem with opening the JSP went away. By the way the incorrect source path had nothing to do with the web application which had the JSP error.

I hope this helps someone else in the future.

Regards
    Tony

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: JSP Editor – Problem in plain Java Projects

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in