facebook

JSP Preview

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John Parker

I did the JSF tutorial (thanks; lots more please), it worked great, unfortunately I get a totally blank page in the JSP preview pane for userLogin.jsp. Am I to assume anything in jsf messagebundles is not going to show in the preview? I am looking at developing a multi-lingual application, so I would really appreciate that feature.

If you are still planning to move to a visual jsf/jsp designer, would the messagebundles be displayed properly in design mode there? Default language only would be great…

Also you state in your roadmap that you would be doing “Documentations, Documentations, Documentations” in the 3.8.2 release. Has this been moved to 3.8.3, or maybe 3.9? Or am I looking in the wrong place? Does this refer to the User Guide or some other docs?

#217141 Reply

Riyad Kalla

bidspec,
    First let me appologize that you ran into this shortcomming. Our current pass of the preview (I’m not sure if its in 3.8.2 or 3.9) will render Struts taglibs, but currently doesn’t support the JSF taglibs yet. As we move forward with our JSF support, we will absolutely add this functionality, but it may be a few months before its there (we are juggling some major features stuff internally right now that are high priority).

Secondly, the documentation got pushed to 3.8.3, and I know this, because I (along with 2 other people) are working around the clock on it 😉

Can you give me comments on the JSF tutorial? What did you like? What did you hate?

#217147 Reply

John Parker

No need for apologies, I knew that this area was a work in progress. So will the messagebundle text show in the preview, or in WYSIWYG mode, or both? I would prefer both, obviously.

I liked the tutorial, it was very logical, and smooth and easy to follow.

I had one problem: creating the com.jsfdemo package gave me an error, package already exists. Its not necessary anyway as I got around it by creating the messagebundle.properties file and selecting the src/com/jsfdemo folder to create it in.

Other than that, it worked first time, which ranks as an excellent tutorial in my books!

Thanks for the quick reply, and again, lots more tutorials, please!

#217148 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The bundles should display in both IIRC.

Thanks for the tutorial feedback too, it will help us move forward with a common style!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: JSP Preview

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in